NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
reaper673

GCSE's

I chewed gum in chemistry.

It was still shit. They had a new format, different style of questions and they asked some bullshit questions like "what is a mole?". (Yes, i was tempted to write "a small nocturnal creature..")

No offence but GCSEs are piss easy compared to A Levels and a degree. But please take them seriously. If you want to go to a decent uni or get a good job, you'll need good grades.

Just remember that you have them spread out over a period of 6 weeks or so so it's not too bad at all. I found that half the stuff I'd revised didn't even appear on the exams so really don't worry. Last minute revision helped me loads, as I basically revised most of my subjects the night before and did well (9 A*s, 3 As), Obviously some people can't do the last minute thing (and I admit it's not the best thing to do!) so it's just a case of finding what works for you... Good luck!

Got a chemistry resit tomorrow. Been revising for it so hopefully I'll do better than last year.

GCSEs are easy in comparision, just revise early and in small amounts. You know you that you know the subject when you read a revision guide and you know the next word :P Just keep calm and relaxed and ask teachers if you're stuck with stuff.

if you resat Chains and rings today on OCR -how easy was that exam?!?!?!

got Physics, Chem and Bio A2 exams to look forward to over the next 14 days-oh joy!!!

anywho as long as you stay calm through your exams you'll do fine-just dont try and over do it the night before try and stay cool instead and get a good nights sleep!

how was your exam rizz? I had my AS psych unit 1 today. started revision 2 days ago and it definately helped. The effort i put in paid off at least a little - the good news is that if you've actually been to your lessons quite often teh revision really is just that - a refresher.

I've got an english AS retake next week, an AS philosophy teh same day and the following week i've got my A2 psychology unit 4. I'm in the mood for revising now i know how easy it actually is, and i've convinced two mates to come over tonight to make some revision cards for philosophy.

Once you realise that teh smaller picture is a lot nicer to look at, you'll be floating along.

Last-minute revision is handy but limits what you'll know. GCSE's really aren't that big a deal - i'm sorry but in order to get into colleges you don't really need that much, and A-levels are much more of a step up.

So my advice is break it down and look at it as seperate exams. If you are going to revise then don't bother spreading it too thinly over too many subjects, concentrate on your first couple first. Don't give yourself too much work to do or you'll just give up.

Maybe just concentrate on teh subjects you want to do for a-levels and cram all the others. Whatever you do, you may as well try. You won't believe how easy it is to get into a pattern of helplessness. Revising now a little means you're more likely to revise a little more next time.

And lastly; don't worry! it's always easier said than done, but it's true. You are not your grades. Happiness is not on a piece of paper. TAKE DRUGS.

The end!

i do my gcse's in like 5-6 months, but guess what happened today! Ive been kicked out of school tempoerily having my hair "extemely long"(wtf, its 1 inch below the bottom of my collar), and they cant legaly be told to cut my hair as it is a) my right b) its my hair, ffs c) they cant be biased in uniform rules on the ground of gender, and d) my hair is natural colour, and natural in style. Havent they got better things to do, like kick out the kids who sell drugs out of their locker...

Emo, the exam was meh. The questions were quite nice (bowlby ftw!) but my weakness is not being able to remember what psychologist did what. I also ran out of time on the last question. I'm thinking its a C for me at best.

i do my gcse's in like 5-6 months, but guess what happened today! Ive been kicked out of school tempoerily having my hair "extemely long"(wtf, its 1 inch below the bottom of my collar), and they cant legaly be told to cut my hair as it is a) my right b) its my hair, ffs c) they cant be biased in uniform rules on the ground of gender, and d) my hair is natural colour, and natural in style. Havent they got better things to do, like kick out the kids who sell drugs out of their locker...

You really got kicked out for having long hair? What sort of school do you go to, a tight-arse academy? Seriously, what school?

Just got to say that drugs are not the answer!!!!!!!!!! but yeh, be concerned about ure gcses but don't let them take over ure life.

Sign in to follow this