NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Oh here we go again. Yes, those few examples of them underestimating things causing droughts to happen is clearly evidence of them lying.

They said they were taking every possible measure to make it not happen again. Unfortunately, they couldn't deliver.

So no. They don't actually lie. Learn what a lie actually means:

lie2

lī/

noun

noun: lie; plural noun: lies

an intentionally false statement.

It was NOT intentionally false.

Oh here we go again. Yes, those few examples of them underestimating things causing droughts to happen is clearly evidence of them lying.

They said they were taking every possible measure to make it not happen again. Unfortunately, they couldn't deliver.

Ok how about just utter incompetence. Whatever you want to call it, it doesnt change the fact that Iwata says a lot and fails to act so please dont be surprised when people dont really have much faith in the guy.

Rome wasn't built in a day but Nintendo's online system must have been pretty close.

Razor sharp. Razor sharp...

Ok how about just utter incompetence. Whatever you want to call it, it doesnt change the fact that Iwata says a lot and fails to act so please dont be surprised when people dont really have much faith in the guy.

It was not utter incompetence either. Try to learn about how the industry works. Games get delayed for a reason. Either games get delayed, or we end up with a lineup of Battlefield 4s. Your choice.

"Online is the air we breath"

Nuff said!

Actually if you look at my road to E3 thread there's a bunch of stuff in there as well. That's what made it so entertaining to watch. :D

I'll happily admit when I'm wrong. I like to acknowledge it rather than not reply and hope it gets buried somewhere.

I still stand by my remarks though. The online setup for both the Wii U and Nintendos offerings has been terrible so far and leaves a lot to be desired.

You can look at this site as an example of how Nintendo has lost touch with certain things. Most of us on here joined up for our love of Nintendo and just take a look at how many members have lost interest in what Nintendo are doing. Things like the whole online issues are actually annoying fans and pushing them away.

Just the other week Flinky had enough with Nintendos efforts and got himself a PS4. You even have Zechs, who has defended the company many times before, now starting to lose patience. It's a slippery slope because once people start doing this and find that they can get their gaming fix elsewhere, where does that leave Nintendo?

I've said many times before I'm happy with my Wii U but there are times I just want to ask the question "Why?" when Nintendo decide to do certain things. It's just baffling at times and the fact you can't get answers out of them makes it even more frustrating.

About time you agreed and got on board!

Fair dos brother! I appreciate the fact you can admit when you're wrong - rare quality in a man. : peace:

It was not utter incompetence either. Try to learn about how the industry works. Games get delayed for a reason. Either games get delayed, or we end up with a lineup of Battlefield 4s. Your choice.

There you go with the excuses again.

So when a CEO after every hardware launch apologies for the droughts and vows to rectify them in the future and then repeats the same process over and over again its not incompetence its just the way of the industry?

I wish I was the CEO of Nintendo if it's that easy?

What you seem to fail to acknowledge is its up to Nintendo to make sure they have enough 1st party titles and 3rd party titles to ensure the hardware doesnt suffer droughts like we keep on seeing time and time again. You seem to think there is nothing Iwata can do to address that?

If so why did he keep saying it wouldnt happen again and secondly why do you take anything he says at face value as you clearly believe that things are outside his control.

Oh and to use the example of one title in BF4 as some sort of justification for the continued droughts on Nintendo hardware is pretty desperate.

Edited by liger05

There you go with the excuses again.

So when a CEO after every hardware launch apologies for the droughts and vows to rectify them in the future and then repeats the same process over and over again its not incompetence its just the way of the industry?

I wish I was the CEO of Nintendo if it's that easy?

What you seem to fail to acknowledge is its up to Nintendo to make sure they have enough 1st party titles and 3rd party titles to ensure the hardware doesnt suffer droughts like we keep on seeing time and time again. You seem to think there is nothing Iwata can do to address that?

If so why did he keep saying it wouldnt happen again and secondly why do you take anything he says at face value as you clearly believe that things are outside his control.

Oh and to use the example of one title in BF4 as some sort of justification for the continued droughts on Nintendo hardware is pretty desperate.

My excuses? It's the industry. That's how it is. Games get delayed. This is a fact. They don't plan for games to get delayed, but it happens.

They can try their best to avoid it, but sometimes these things are unavoidable. Also, it's not the CEOs fault. What would you do in his position, just say "release it anyway"? That's how companies lose their value.

"Online is the air we breath"

Nuff said!

Actually if you look at my road to E3 thread there's a bunch of stuff in there as well. That's what made it so entertaining to watch. :D

To be fair, there have been a lot of online games on DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U. They're not lying. Just because a few are not does not mean that we should ignore the countless amount that are.

Wow. Utterly speechless at the same tryhards defending Iwata again. It's absurd to believe anything the man says.

My excuses? It's the industry. That's how it is. Games get delayed. This is a fact. They don't plan for games to get delayed, but it happens.

They can try their best to avoid it, but sometimes these things are unavoidable. Also, it's not the CEOs fault. What would you do in his position, just say "release it anyway"? That's how companies lose their value.

When it keeps on happening you identify where the problem lies and solve it.

The CEO shouldn't say one thing and then keep failing to deliver. Its really that simple.

Whatever Iwata is doing has seen Nintendo lose plenty of value dude.

When it keeps on happening you identify where the problem lies and solve it.

The CEO shouldn't say one thing and then keep failing to deliver. Its really that simple.

Whatever Iwata is doing has seen Nintendo lose plenty of value dude.

You seem to act like there is just one problem that delays a game. That is not how things work. You're being utterly ridiculous.

Wow. Utterly speechless at the same tryhards defending Iwata again. It's absurd to believe anything the man says.

Yeah, totally the man's fault that a game requires extra time. He does all the coding and builds all the games, and clearly doesn't do it fast enough. The swine. They should fire him.

Iwata does need defending, because people keep trashing him for things that are not his fault and are out of his control, so yes. I am going to defend him from toxic people like you.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah. It's not like he's in charge of the company and direction they take or anything.

Yeah. It's not like he's in charge of the company and direction they take or anything.

Yeah, because it's all his decision. He sits on a throne and barks orders to the staff. It's all his decision and doing. That's completely how businesses work

You seem to act like there is just one problem that delays a game. That is not how things work. You're being utterly ridiculous.

No I say there are things which could be done to ensure more games are ready for launch and the months that follow launch.

i.e. Purchase studios and get 3rd party support.

It's not my job to figure out the solution that's Iwata's and even though he repeatedly said they would not allow the situation to happen again it continues to do so.

If you cant see how that's a major issue then I really do despair.

Yeah, because it's all his decision. He sits on a throne and barks orders to the staff. It's all his decision and doing. That's completely how businesses work

No he just tells shareholders how much hardware and software will be sold and the apologises when his missed the forecast, revised forecast, further revised forecast again and again.

That's now how successful businesses operate.

Edited by liger05

Okay, let's stop, now. I think we all agree that, whatever Iwata promised, he under-delivered. No need to talk in extremes (like the "utter incompetence" comment), or act like it was an intentional lie.

All of you made your points, moving on.

No I say there are things which could be done to ensure more games are ready for launch and the months that follow launch.

i.e. Purchase studios and get 3rd party support.

It's not my job to figure out the solution that's Iwata's and even though he repeatedly said they would not allow the situation to happen again it continues to do so.

If you cant see how that's a major issue then I really do despair.

Purchasing studios is not necessarily the way to go forward. That's such an asinine solution. As for third party support, they had that at launch.

You know what

iefypFbisGvI4.gif

Screw you guys. I'm fed up with the negativity that you, @Sheikah and a couple of others spout here. You have made several people so uncomfortable to post positive things here. Some people want to have fun, talk about the cool new games and so forth, but the toxic atmosphere you guys bring here is just horrid. It's worse than NeoGAF. It's worse than 4chan. It's just vile.

Ban me if you want, @Ashley. I don't care anymore.

To be fair, there have been a lot of online games on DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U. They're not lying. Just because a few are not does not mean that we should ignore the countless amount that are.

I expect most on here are like me in that it's not just online games but whole feature set and infrastructure, which is sorely lacking.

The comment Reggie made indicated that they would take online seriously, something that they said in a few E3s aswell, and this clearly hasn't been the case.

It's very much like when they said the core were their focus during the Wii era and the E3s that followed told a very different story.

It's his decision to take Nintendo down this path. It could have been his decision to do something like bring in an American like Mark Cerny to design their console (seeing as it's quite clear their hardware is lacking these days). Even if he needs support for the ideas, he can push for them.

It's really sad how you will never concede and always back up Nintendo, man. Even when they're so clearly in the wrong.

Screw you guys. I'm fed up with the negativity that you, @Sheikah and a couple of others spout here. You have made several people so uncomfortable to post positive things here. Some people want to have fun, talk about the cool new games and so forth, but the toxic atmosphere you guys bring here is just horrid. It's worse than NeoGAF. It's worse than 4chan. It's just vile.

It's funny (and I'm not sure if you realise it) but many of the Nintendo-related arguments on these forums go on for pages because you deliver comments that are frankly absurd, to the point where we all question whether you even believe yourself what you are saying. The kind of comments like telling people Nintendo have proper online accounts, when probably the entire rest of the forum disagrees, could unleash a backlash where several people comment in disagreement of your post. In short, your overly defensive attitude to anything Nintendo fuels much of the anti-negative discussion about these parts.

Edited by Sheikah

They do need to allow you to sign into your NNID on other Wii Us, but other than that, the account system is identical to every other.

I switched Wii U's and had to create a new NNID. I asked them about transferring my old NNID over. Got no response at all. Not even their usual automated one.

Purchasing studios is not necessarily the way to go forward. That's such an asinine solution. As for third party support, they had that at launch.

You know what

iefypFbisGvI4.gif

This is grossly unfair and hugely ironic. Please, just stop (not just you, everyone).

E3 is on TUESDAY!!! We are so close :) Trailers, reveals, the inevitable disappointments...I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

E3 is on TUESDAY!!! We are so close :) Trailers, reveals, the inevitable disappointments...I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs-of-soon-moments-in-games.jpg

90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs-of-soon-moments-in-games.jpg

I'm just praying 'Animal Crossing Wii U' isn't their next big game because I am so not falling for that one again haha.

I'm still betting on Starfox, Pokken and 2D Metroid :)

So, E3 next week. :D

Just before I go on holiday so yeah it will be a great week.

Gamecube VC and Majora's Mask 3DS would be nice.