NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo!

Been paying some more! It surely has to be your cup of tea, or you won't like this game. Thing is, I love it! I love cleaning up condensed areas, I love the characters, I love the minigames and I love searching the right shapes for the pictures.

Also it's so cool that the stamp rewards are the silhouettes of old nintendo consoles

:)

So yeah I really recommend people to try it out, it has a great amount of quirky, unique content for such a low price!

The bad side: this makes me crave a full retail WiiU version of Chibi robo even more....

The first nostaljunk contest hosted by NOE is about to start! You can receive the contest mode by turning on spotpass for the application.

The winner gets a costume for chibi-robo! Super excited for this haha!

Edited by M_rock

The first nostaljunk contest hosted by NOE is about to start! You can receive the contest mode by turning on spotpass for the application.

The winner gets a costume for chibi-robo! Super excited for this haha!

When are the results due?

Anyway I finally beat this game today. :)

Took me way longer than it should've done really, but I wanted to get as many of the Nostal Junk in my game done using real objects. Had to cheat and use Google Images for quite a few in the end though. :woops:

It's just such a shame the 3DS camera is so poor, as the texture mapping system this game utilizes is amazing. When you do get lucky with a shot, and the game applies it perfectly to the 3D model, it looks incredible. :awesome:

In fact I've been so impressed with this game visually, I'd go as far as to say this is the best looking game on the 3DS! Other than the issue with aliasing, it's absolutely perfect.

I'd love to see what skip could do with the Wii U... :love:

M_rock (I assume it's just us playing this on here :grin:) have you completed the game?

*EDIT*

Just uploaded some of my saved offline Miiverse posts (man, Miiverse is slow on 3DS! :zzz:):

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by RedShell

When are the results due?

M_rock (I assume it's just us playing this on here :grin:) have you completed the game?

The contest is supposed to end today, so I guess we'll get the voting gallery sometimes soon?

Did you enter? I did, I'm super excited to find out if I made the cut haha! I also wonder if the contest is for the whole of Europe, or would it be a seperate one for each country? I wish nintendo would give some more information but oh well :p

I ended up clearing it this morning actually! I REALLY took my time with the game though, and I had to cheat for some objects as well. It really is a shame the 3DS camera is so bad, because that's the only complaint I have! The story was so cute, and I loved the characters of course!

All the visual splendor makes me crave for a WiiU skip game.

I also loved

that the medal is the last silhouette! I ended up making a little chibi robo medal for the occasion haha! If anybody wants to use it feel free:

medal_upload_by_miguelphantasy-d7rw8i6.png

Edited by M_rock

Did you enter?
I did, yeah. :)

All the visual splendor makes me crave for a WiiU skip game.
Absolutely. I wonder what skip are working on now...

@Dcubed (you're usually on the ball with this kind of info) what do you reckon, think they'll be developing something for Wii U now?

I also loved
that the medal is the last silhouette! I ended up making a little chibi robo medal for the occasion haha! If anybody wants to use it feel free:

medal_upload_by_miguelphantasy-d7rw8i6.png

That is brilliant. :bowdown:

Oh and RedShell, do you have any idea how to obtain the
endless battery?
It definitely is in this game as I've got it. :grin:

Have you gone back into your save file since finishing it? Pretty sure I got it after loading up the game again. Look at me not being able to remember something that happened only yesterday. :heh:

, I've cleared the game but I see no signs of it being anywhere. Maybe it isn't available in this game.

I did, yeah. :)

Absolutely. I wonder what skip are working on now...

@Dcubed (you're usually on the ball with this kind of info) what do you reckon, think they'll be developing something for Wii U?

Hard to say... Skip have been very quiet recently. Aside from this game, the last thing that we know they worked on were the Flutter Fly and Pose Mii Plus minigames in Wii Play Motion.

I think it's safe to say that we won't see any large scale retail games like Captain Rainbow for Wii U from them (considering that they supposedly only employ 34 people going by their Wikipedia page; dunno how accurate that is, but it sounds about right at least), but they HAVE been very quiet over the last 3 years or so and I doubt that all of that was spent on Chibi Robo LGP...

To keep on topic though... I take it that you like CR:LGP then ;)

Still need to pick it up myself... If only I had more time... *sigh*

Edited by Dcubed

Hard to say... Skip have been very quiet recently. Aside from this game, the last thing that we know they worked on were the Flutter Fly and Pose Mii Plus minigames in Wii Play Motion.

I think it's safe to say that we won't see any large scale retail games like Captain Rainbow for Wii U from them (considering that they supposedly only employ 34 people going by their Wikipedia page; dunno how accurate that is, but it sounds about right at least), but they HAVE been very quiet over the last 3 years or so and I doubt that all of that was spent on Chibi Robo LGP...

Well hopefully they have moved on to Wii U development, simply because that's were titles are desperately needed, but also because they've seemingly taken the 3DS to its limits with this game.

To keep on topic though... I take it that you like CR:LGP then ;)

Still need to pick it up myself... If only I had more time... *sigh*

Don't think we really need to worry about this thread going off-topic. :hehe: But yeah, I really do like CR:LGP.

In reality it's just a collection of mini-games set across a handful of pretty small environments, and taking pictures with your 3DS. There's not all that much to it.

But the style this game has, the characters, the music... it creates such an amazing vibe that you just can't help but be sucked into it. :love:

The worst thing about the game is when you can't get a silhouette to match (60%+ accuracy is required to create Nostal Junk) and more often than not it'll be down to the crappiness of the 3DS camera, rather than bad photography skills. Having said that, the game can be pretty forgiving at times with this, but in that case you'll end up with a Nostal Junk where the texture hasn't been mapped correctly to the 3D model, or you'll be able to see other aspects of the shot along the seams, which is just as annoying. :heh:

At the end of the day, the 3DS camera is intended for outdoor use in bright conditions, exactly the same conditions which make viewing the screens difficult. :indeed: But taking pictures indoors (where you can actually see the screen properly) is basically a waste of time. So yeah, this issue does hamper the experience slightly, it did for me anyway.

I'd still recommend the game (especially if you're a fan of skip's quirky style) but be prepared for some frustration.

BTW, @M_rock, who would you say was your favourite character in the game?

I really love these guys:

ZaSQaqU.png

and:

FYWwwxt.png

His voice on the distance test game... "Is it?"... "IS IT?!" :o

Makes me laugh every time. :laughing:

Special mention must go to Moppi, as I obviously enjoyed that particular mini-game immensely. ;)

Oh! One more thing, did you get any Nostal Duds while playing, and do you know what they're used for?

I've got 2, by the looks of things it's completely random if you get a Nostal Junk or a dud and they're clearly not required to beat the game. :blank:

It definitely is in this game as I've got it. :grin:

Have you gone back into your save file since finishing it? Pretty sure I got it after loading up the game again. Look at me not being able to remember something that happened only yesterday. :heh:

Yeah got it last night when I loaded my file again, can't believe I didn't figure that out by myself :p

BTW, @M_rock, who would you say was your favourite character in the game?

I really love these guys:

ZaSQaqU.png

and:

FYWwwxt.png

His voice on the distance test game... "Is it?"... "IS IT?!" :o

Makes me laugh every time. :laughing:

Special mention must go to Moppi, as I obviously enjoyed that particular mini-game immensely. ;)

Oh! One more thing, did you get any Nostal Duds while playing, and do you know what they're used for?

I've got 2, by the looks of things it's completely random if you get a Nostal Junk or a dud and they're clearly not required to beat the game. :blank:

My favorite by far are the ketchup and moustard chefs! Their dialogue is so brilliant, and the way they care for each other is just too much too handle! I also really loved the lion statue in the garden. They way he tries to smash the little black pests made me laugh out loud haha!

I've got about 5 nostalduds, they can occur anytime but are most common when your sync rate is around 60%. I'm not 100% sure what they do, but some forums say that when you gather 9, it gets converted into a silhouette film. (That is kind of lame tbh :/ )

But yeah, the game obviously has some flaws, but if you are willing to look past that you'll find a very rich experience. Especially for such a low price! The minigames are super fun, the areas are fun to explore, characters are interesting. The camera gimmick is a neat concept, but is failing in some regards because of the hardware limitations. It still is Skip at the top of it's game, try it out!

Oh btw! @RedShell do you know how you are supposed to clear the bomb sensing minigame? I always failed so far! The bottom screen gives you a hint (red does not equal danger!), but I can't figure out what that means? Any tips, or is it just really pure luck?

Oh btw! @RedShell do you know how you are supposed to clear the bomb sensing minigame? I always failed so far! The bottom screen gives you a hint (red does not equal danger!), but I can't figure out what that means? Any tips, or is it just really pure luck?
I managed to get the bronze medal on that game by pure luck, but I'm thinking there must be a bit more to it. :blank:

Will let you know if I discover anything.

@RedShell The contest results are supposed to be up now, you can vote for your favorite!

I can't seem to receive it, but it might be my horrible connection. I'm super stoked for the results though!

@RedShell The contest results are supposed to be up now, you can vote for your favorite!

I can't seem to receive it, but it might be my horrible connection. I'm super stoked for the results though!

I only got a notification that the contest had closed, don't think voting is possible yet though. :blank:

I only got a notification that the contest had closed, don't think voting is possible yet though. :blank:

Yeah but the nintendo uk twitter posted today that you can go voting now. Weird haha but typically ninty :indeed:

The contest room is definitely open now. Did anybody get their photo chosen?
Mine wasn't. :sad:

Voted for the one with the Mustard & Ketchup chefs. :hehe:

Anyone else think the whole competition process is a bit cumbersome? It's nice how they've made it fit in with the rest of the game (having Chibi vote from an exhibition room) but it could do with being streamlined I reckon. :blank:

YES I GOT IN, I can't download the gallery (keep getting error codes), but someone posted my entry on miiverse :)

My entry is the one with Ketschburg and Moustardin!

hni_0008_by_miguelphantasy-d7qcssc.jpg

Any votes are very much appreciated!!

YES I GOT IN, I can't download the gallery (keep getting error codes), but someone posted my entry on miiverse :)

My entry is the one with Ketschburg and Moustardin!

hni_0008_by_miguelphantasy-d7qcssc.jpg

Awesome! :bowdown:

Any votes are very much appreciated!!
Voted for the one with the Mustard & Ketchup chefs. :hehe:
;)

Good luck man.

: peace:

Anyone else think the whole competition process is a bit cumbersome? It's nice how they've made it fit in with the rest of the game (having Chibi vote from an exhibition room) but it could do with being streamlined I reckon. :blank:

The download finally worked! Was lovely to see what people came up with :)

Yeah the contest could have been made much more simple, it was a bit hard to find everything out. (And the incorrect information of NoE's twitter didn't exactly help on that part :) )

But after all I'm really glad they are doing the contest, it's nice to see some user content based contest by nintendo. Wish they did this more often!

Good luck man.

: peace:

Thanks!!!

So the contest results are finally in! And I won! :D

Got a neat ninja suit as a prize, in a blue and a black color (one for being nominated, one for winning)

Two unique suits would have been better (or a limited edition chibi robo WiiU like the japanese winners got), but still pretty cool either way:

zlCfzSV6vEAmXn132f

So the contest results are finally in! And I won! :D

Got a neat ninja suit as a prize, in a blue and a black color (one for being nominated, one for winning)

Two unique suits would have been better (or a limited edition chibi robo WiiU like the japanese winners got), but still pretty cool either way:

zlCfzSV6vEAmXn132f

Hahaha! That is brilliant. :D

Congratulations, M_rock! :)

Sign in to follow this