NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Cycle commuting?

The only way you should cycle is by using the t-shirt that Jeremy Clarkson had on Top Gear.

"MOTORISTS. Thank you for letting me use your roads" printed on the back :D

Except that road tax doesn't exist – you pay vehicle excise duty for your car, and road maintenance is funded from centralised taxes. So Jeremy Clarkson can feel free to keel over and die on any road I paid for while I cycle on by without stopping to help.

Yes, the motorists roads that we all pay for. Theirs. Yes...

Except that road tax doesn't exist – you pay vehicle excise duty for your car, and road maintenance is funded from centralised taxes. So Jeremy Clarkson can feel free to keel over and die on any road I paid for while I cycle on by without stopping to help.

37106168.jpg

I figured he was making a joke, but the mentality has caused many cyclists to be verbally or physically attacked, so it's a bit of a sore nerve. Particularly as he is seen as an authority* on motoring and said this on the biggest motoring show on TV, so even as a joke it is perpetuating a dangerous myth to an audience who may buy it at face value.

Plus, Clarkson is a Grade A dick.

*with good reason, I may not like him but he knows his shit when it comes to cars.

Edited by Ashley

Any mention of the "Jeremy Clarkson" enrages me. No profanity can match.

Sign in to follow this