N-Europe

Headset causing blue screen?

nightwolf

Erm, so ok, I've just been sat on my PC happily playing Team Fortress 2, go to plug my headset in and my computer blue screens.

What?!

I've used this headset with this PC before but not since I upgraded my RAM, so its been a couple months.

I can't understand how a headset would set of a blue screen, but since unplugging it, its immediately stopped.

Folks, what is happening here?

Not going to be able to help, but what headset etc? Usb, 3.5? Someone'll no doubt ask for more details and stuff. Is it constant whilst its in? Will Windows even boot with it in? All that sort of stuff really.

1. USB 3.5 and audio port

2. It boots, immediately gets to my desktop and then blue screens, fans also get a little hotter than usual

3. Not constantly, first time I've plugged it in as mentioned in a while

:hmm:

Echoing Happenstance, the main cause of blue screen is drivers, and if it's only happening with the headset then i'd say check your USB and audio drivers.

To add something else (and not just parrot Happenstance), have you checked the connection of the USB port?

The connection seems to be fine as its the one I use for my speakers (sorry I should have mentioned).

I've come across blue screen from devices before, but never a headset, hence being thrown off. I've give my drivers an update and see if I get the same thing tonight.

Thanks guys :)