N-Europe

Nexus 4 camera problem

Eenuh

Ok, so I have taken my phone to Glastonbury, hoping to use the camera to snap some nice shots (seeing as I don't have an actual camera).

However, I have found out that my camera is absolutely shit. =(

The only pictures that turn out ok are the ones were nothing is moving and you don't zoom in. Everything else is a mess.

When you zoom in, the colours won't match up. Basically the red colour layer will move... Example here:

IMG_20130628_185439.jpg

And when you try to take a picture of a moving object, it just won't work (for some reason it will turn on the flash for every Scene you pick, even Action, and I don't want that). Most of the pictures end up looking something like this:

IMG_20130628_232101.jpg

Anyone know what is going wrong? Any settings I can try fiddling with? I have tried but couldn't find anything to make this work.

Help please! I am really pissed off that this stupid camera is ruining all my pictures. =(

Apparently this happens when the camera is set to 5MP. When it is changed to 8MP, it works fine... Anyone else have this problem?

Bit annoying that I didn't know this earlier. Don't think there is a way to fix this though. Found another person online with this problem and it seems to be a software problem? Bit disappointing. =(

Isn't it generally better to keep it at 8MP though?

Probably, I don't know if I changed it to 8MP or if it was set to 5 automatically or whatever. I don't remember going into that setting before, but yeah, it should still work at that setting but obviously it doesn't. Which is just sorta disappointing to me and am wondering if it will be fixed at some point in the future or if it will be ignored until a system update.