NEurope
ReZourceman

Scrolls (From Creators of Minecraft)

Tell me how it is!

Been interested in it, but I despise the FTP approach it is apparently taking (two currencies; one of them available to buy with real money).

I'm not 100% sure, what I said is true, but why would there be two currencies to buy cards?

This would suck, and so far it's keeping me from buying the game.

It has a secondary currency called Shards. The system is complete with buying stupid values at set prices, like Microsoft Points.

Scrolls includes an in-game store that allows for the purchase of additional scrolls, pre-constructed decks and cosmetic changes for your character.

Shards can be purchased in bundles of 600 for $5, 1350 for $10 or 2900 for $20. All transactions are in US dollars. As shards are a consumable currency, they are non-refundable.

http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1166552-scrolls-in-game-purchases

Yeah, that sucks. Still the developers claim that it will mostly be cosmetic changes that you can buy and that every card/scroll/whatever can be acquired with the actual ingame currency.

Source

Waiting for @ReZourceman to give me some first impressions :p

$10 for a booster back? No.

Anyway, I really like this game, a fair bit. My deck sucks cock at the moment, particularly as I got two scroll packs and pulled rares of the opposite colour to my chosen deck. So I need to play and lose some more before I get better.

Watched a video just now. Looks very nice.

:shakehead Will I buy it... Can't decide.

Edit: I bought it

Edited by drahkon

Played the tutorial, and one match against the AI. Then the game crashed -.-

Still, it is a lot of fun, but I don't understand some of the mechanics like "Move". It seems that every unit move once during a turn, but sometimes, a unit can't.

Need to dive into the game a bit more.