NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2013 - 27th July!

995456_10153074191420581_2014492996_n.jpg

Trip report and photos and videos to come.

I'm so sorry. A bit mortified frankly. I'll make it up to you...some...how?

Processing the video footage, will be up and ready for tomorrow.

Seeing many of people's photos on facebook, they brilliant. Especially loving a lot of the ninja ones!

995456_10153074191420581_2014492996_n.jpg

Trip report and photos and videos to come.

I'm so sorry. A bit mortified frankly. I'll make it up to you...some...how?

By The Power of GreySkull! did you lot meet up in the House of Commons?

To save the room, i've put all the meet photo's in the meet photo thread. Nice idea @Goafer. Anyway, onto the wrap-up.

Friday

The usual Friday for me on these events, spent it in various museums looking at history. Found an exibit in the British museum i've not seen before, Japan. Some random snaps from that here

601980_407247332717693_1614770793_n.jpg

1093749_407247326051027_1119918345_o.jpg

1094007_407293516046408_679610922_o.jpg

577148_407293416046418_2079291024_n.jpg

There was a free presentation on the history of Japanese tea culture, very interesting indeed (not joking, it was interesting). I was basically killing time, had 3 hours to kill before seeing the exibition on Pompeii they had. Paid timeslots to enter, mine was 5:50pm. A very nice exibition indeed, no photo's but i sneaked a few when i could. I can gather why no snaps, they wanted you to purchase the book (i spent £15 to get in, they wanted a further £25 for the pictures)

602731_407247446051015_215099995_n.jpg

964101_407247539384339_429984920_o.jpg

So yeah, it was all good indeed. Evening time, had a nice pizza and a few beers then headed to bed. Hotel pints cost £5.50, bit over the price i'd expect to have paid. Luckly, there was a vending machine selling tins of beer.

999833_407248606050899_92145977_n.jpg

Still, onto the rest of the weekend.

Saturday

So it begins, the 2013 annual meet of the N-Europe motley crew. Had to check into the hostel for around 10am, well thats what the email they sent said anyway. So arranged to meet Goafer and Danny at Kings Cross around half 9. Arrived earlier than expected, so they came to Tottenham Court to meet me where i was staying nearby. Nice comment made by Goafer regarding how he's never seen everyone wearing the same in the hotel before. Found the hostel for the night, but they said check-in was 2:30pm until 4am and not 10am as previously stated. Luckly, they had baggage storage. Bags dropped off, we met with Rez outside Kings Cross and headed to Hyde Park. Mixed weather reports, it would seem the weather was to hold off being terrible until way later. Found the park, walked on the wrong side of the lake. So crossing over, we found a stray Sheikah watching over the lake. Bit further up, a stray Cube was located under a tree. Didn't exactly find the Cock Pit, but we had a nice spot anyway by the lake. Joined by many others during the day, including Rummy, Jon Dedede, Maracmillian, Zell, Moogleviper, Yvonne, The Arbitor, Peeps, Daft. During the time at the park, 2 live mafia games occured (we made sure Rez knew his role, last year was a little confusing for him). Paper telephone happened, was interesting indeed.

Rez with his obsession with penis's, drew one and passed the paper round for us all to draw one. Of which then, he took it to various people around the area where we were asking for opinions and ratings of each drawing. All of whom are on film (minus Speedo man, who reminds me of that German guy who bombed on ice and didn't break through it). He wasn't on, he had a paddy. But oozed of confidence, with his random poses and loud music.

We also did some Ninjaa'ing before, during and after the mafia games. Basically, the art of Ninjaa'ing is you strike a pose, then each player has 1 attack and 1 defensive move per turn. You have to stop the back of your hand being struck, so the defensive move is moving out of the way. The offensive move could be attacking a player, or move into another position. Many games were partook, even had a random guy join us whom shall be known as the Ninja Master. Nice chap indeed.

We played until the rain came at around half 7, then we moved onto finding a place for food and drink. Which was a nice Sam Smith's pub around Leicester Square/Oxford Circus. Had the classic pub atmosphere, which is always welcome. Many of us had food, others held off until the hostel. Those for the hostel (me, Rez, Cube, Zell, Moogle, Goafer, Peeps, Danny) departed at around half 9 for Kings Cross, picking up Subways and McDonalds on the way back as well as drinks. At the hostel (which was nice btw, had an ensuite (on the small side, but at least there was one this time around). Games of Balderdash occured, which included various appearances of 5 mauled children and a policewoman by a tiger. And more penis's.

Then spent the next hour making humorous remarks, and Rez watching some "adult content". A fun day indeed, and onto Sunday.

Sunday

Day didn't start out too well for one of us, the one was Rez. He didn't look too well, so departed pretty early. Said our goodbyes, wished him a speedy recovery. The rest of us headed to our usual frozen yoghurt spot in Leicester Square. Bad news, it was closed. To the dismay of Goafer

1077358_407250256050734_1850820310_o.jpg

So instead of yohurt, Haagan Daz was found, located and consumed. We met up with Bradley Cooper, nice chap indeed. Bit on the quiet side, but a good chap none the less.

1071375_407250926050667_1479018040_o.jpg

From there, onto Orbital Comics (another tradition, least this place was open). Nice place, always good to visit and view the memorabilia. Bit early to depart, so we wandered around to find a pub for a few drinks. On the way past, we did witness a protest outside the indian embassy. But we found a place for drinks, had one or two before myself and Cube departed around 3pm to catch various trains home.

Overall a great weekend indeed, looking forward to next time. And hopefully many more members will be in attendance, depending on circumstances themselves.

Videos

Absolutely brilliant as always. I have once again done a vlogging diary of my trip and the meet, and once I am back at my own apartment (currently home with my parents), I shall edit it all together like last year.

Jimbob, you should edit the videos so you have one long Ninja video, and one long Pokemafia video.

Watching that back, even I didn't suspect myself.

Jimbob, you should edit the videos so you have one long Ninja video, and one long Pokemafia video.

Watching that back, even I didn't suspect myself.

I may do that, maybe. The ninja'ing does cross right into the pokemafia and back and forth, so could be a little tricky.

Here are my videos - they are awesome, particularly the Ninja one (part 7) so if you only have time for one, watch them all.

I was apparently really satisfied with my shit name! Ninja vid is awesome.

Ahahaha, Khumman. I don't even....

Totally forgot about that. Moogle you sly little...you know I only have one move (totally blue steel)

Naturally the only path to redemption after that embarrassment was to take out the traaash.

Ahahaha, Khumman. I don't even....

Totally forgot about that. Moogle you sly little...you know I only have one move (totally blue steel)

Naturally the only path to redemption after that embarrassment was to take out the traaash.

Well I went out straight away, so I'd call that karma.

These alter egos could easily be translated to Mafia...Moogle in a thief role, definitely.

These alter egos could easily be translated to Mafia...Moogle in a thief role, definitely.

Your play style was blatantly a role that's untargettable as long as you don't target anyone yourself. :heh: