NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

HTC Desire HD reporting new gmails but not showing in mail app?

Hi all,

Have a HTC desire HD, with my main gmail account(not the phone's gmail account, I don't check the email on that) and my hotmail account signed in for the mail app. I get a notification when it syncs all that I have new emails, showing 'x unread emails' under my gmail account - however when I go in to the mail app there's actually no new gmails showing there. They exist, as evidenced if I go to gmail by my browser - and the phone's syncing in to them somehow - but they just aren't showing up in the mail app. Anyone got any ideas why? Last email listed under my gmail account in the mail app was recvd 02 Apr.

EDIT: I was in america last week and using a US sim for my phone from Monday (01 Apr) - also whenever I changed SIMs it seemed to had to re-sign in with my phone's googlemail account(NOT the gmail email account I'm talking about atm). It might be related, but still...I'm at a loss.

Edited by Rummy

So you're saying you don't use the Gmail app, you use the Mail app, presumably because you want to see your Hotmail emails as well?

I have no idea what the problem might be, since i don't use the Mail app in android. I just forward all my email accounts to Gmail, and use the Gmail app.

Have you tried clearing the cache thingy and memory for the Mail app?

I just looked to see if I could; it says the cache is 0.00B but it won't let me clear that or the 'data' anyway(greyed out).

And yes, I use the mail app so I can see my hotmail emails too(which are working fine). I wasn't aware I had any other mail app either, anyhow.

EDIT: Right, I'm gonna delete the account, then re-add it when I get home(not got unlimited data atm), see if it works then. Any suggestions in the meantime are still welcomed though!

Tried a soft reset yet? Not sure it will fix it but it is always worth trying.

Can you send emails from your phone or does that not work either?

Deleting and re-adding the account is indeed a step to try.

Maybe check the sync settings and try to manually sync, see if that makes a difference?

It's syncing something somewhere, as it tells me there's new unreads - they just don't actually show up. I've tried a reset and a battery pull, still no dice. I did try sending an e-mail to myself and ccing to my work address - i recieved it on my work address, AND it showed up on the phone in the sent items section - but it did not appear in the inbox(i don't doubt i've recieved it though). I didn't want to re-add the account now in case it eats my credit for data, so shall keep ye posted when I get in(probably not long).

Success! Seems deleting and re-adding has worked for now, maybe there were just too many backed up emails and it didn't like it any more. Working nonetheless! Thanks for your ideas guys.

By the way, did you know that you could import your hotmail emails into Gmail and manage it all from there?

I did not, though I can't particularly say that I would like to either. I like having them separate.

Silly thing started doing it again, seems to have happened when I changed the time limit for messages to be displayed. I might go final solution and backup the stuff I need then factory restore etc.

Sign in to follow this