NEurope
Retro_Link

Level-5 working on new PS4 game!

Ni No Kuni Developer Creating PlayStation 4 Game

A sequel? Please be a sequel.

Level-5, the Japanese developer behind the Dark Cloud series, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, the Professor Layton franchise and – most recently – the surprise-hit PS3-exclusive JRPG Ni No Kuni, is officially working on a PlayStation 4 game.

Word comes from Gematsu (via Nikkei Trendy), with CEO and President Akihiro Hino stating, “It’s still in the planning stages, but we are also working on a PlayStation 4 title. We might be able to announce it soon.”

What could the game be? The fact that it’s a PS4 game evokes three franchises (or would-be franchises) in particular: Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy and Ni No Kuni. The latter would be an exceptionally exciting prospect considering Level-5 was clear that if the game sold well in the west – and it did – they would think about doing another one. However, a new Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy would also be cool, as would an entirely new game.

What do you want Level-5’s PlayStation 4 game to be?

I haven't played Ni No Kuni yet... it's sitting there... but other games to play first.

Would be amazing if Level-5 started a series of anime-film inspired games! Sequel or something new! :D

aah wonderful! These guys are really making amazing games!

(And I'm hoping this future game and Ni no kuni are coming to the wiiU one day...)

I haven't played Ni No Kuni yet... it's sitting there... but other games to play first.

What do you want Level-5’s PlayStation 4 game to be?

Dragon Quest XI.

Ni no Kuni's nice and all, but it's not in the same league as Dragon Quest VIII. I want both the studio and the series to show they can actually hit that standard again.

Dragon Quest XI.

Ni no Kuni's nice and all, but it's not in the same league as Dragon Quest VIII. I want both the studio and the series to show they can actually hit that standard again.

This. Dragon Quest VIII remains one of my favourite games ever.

Having recently finished Ni No Kuni, I did like it but not as good as Dragon Quest VIII.

Also this whole announcement of Level 5 developing a game for PS4 makes me want Sony's console more than Microsoft.

Decisions....

please give us a new Rogue leader or Dark Cloud, and i'd even have a Ki no Kuni sequel

awesome news