NEurope
Rummy

Invincible(comic book) post around - who's interested?

So, I recall this being brought up in the past by @ReZourceman - he believes Invincible is awesome.

Myself? I read issues 1-8 very recently, and I do very much like it.

HOWEVER. I like it so much I might buy some more, and in order to do so the previously mentioned @ReZourceman has advised me to buy the compendium collecting a rough metric butt-ton(equivalent to decimal 48, I think) of issues, which leaves me with volume 1(#1-4) and volume 2(#5-8) on my hands, and possibly redundant.

Coming back further to the past - was there not once a plan to club in to buy the first few issues/volumes collectively, then post them round for people to read and post on to the next person and whatnot?

Which brings me to the point. If I get the compendium; and have vol 1+2 on my hands - who would be willing to commit to partaking in the postal share? You'd need to pay onward postage essentially(I was thinking of doing it the other way round, but that's too complicated) and commit to not being a bastard and keeping them for yourself.

Invincible is the coolest and greatest thing ever. Everyone loves it. Especially N-Europe people. The list of people on here who love it is long....too long in fact to even remember everyone.

Even normal people like Odwin like it.

It is written by Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead. So if you look at either the comic or TV show of The Walking Dead as a fine example of a great and fantastic character exposition, drama and depressing post apocalyptic look into an interesting world, then imagine Invincible as an all out action super hero romp - the character work is still there, but it is more imaginative and the scope is infinitely larger. It also breaks some cliches - when super heroes fight each other in this book, there is blood and buildings collapse and people die.

But why make a "Must-See-Thread!" about it,....well the first 48 issues are about to be released in one volume. Upon original release they are (if you're lucky, in this country) £2.10, or $2.99 rrp in America. The trade paper backs collect about 6 issues and are approximately £8 each - £1.35 per issue ish. Then there are the hardcover ultimate collections which are £18 ish for 14 issues - £1.28 ish per issue.

Well now we have the fantasticly valued Compendium. £31.29 from Amazon, pre-order.

Here is the Amazon.co.uk link - £31.29

1812884-invincible_compendium1_cov_72dpi_super.jpg

A mind bending 65p per issue! 65p for 10-20 minutes of entertainment! Cheaper than DVDs, cheaper than Blu-Rays, Games etc.

If you have only the smallest amount of experience with comic book reading - you should buy this epic tale! The artwork starts off crisp and great, and becomes something truly special. If you have no experience reading comics - give it a try! What are you waiting for? It is simply another way or conveying a story.

1048 pages + of full colour artwork. Artwork and story. For £31.29.

The fairest price for anything, ever.

Can you spare £30? Treat yourself and take the plunge. You won't regret it. :)

So...uhh yeah...who's in? It won't happen for a while cos I gotta head back to england and give first preference to @Magnus Peterson, but after that we'll roll on. Basically let me know if you're gonna commit and not be a shit(this involves reading and posting on within like...2 weeks? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? whatever people agree in advance is a sensible weekage)

tl;dr - Be awesome.

I might re-read it to see if it sucks as much balls as I remember, but if it does I have the "Invincible Ultimate Collection" Volumes one AND two which I could let you have for a bargain price.

It definitely is brilliant. I've always liked comic book heroes and that whole world but I've never really read any comics before. ReZ recommended Invincible (to pretty much everyone) so I gave it a go and absolutely loved it. I'm kind of glad I'm not too into comics because it would be an extremely expensive hobby for me but Invincible really is worth every penny you might spend.

ReZ has been trying to get me to read this, so I'd be willing to give it a try. I'll probably be murdered if I didn't.