N-Europe

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been sidetracked by CoD: Ghosts and Super Mario 3D World, I played this quite a bit last week. Picked up from the end of the first visit to China.

Jenson is such a bad arse, but falls for the inevitable seduction by Zhao, could see that coming a mile off, he should have just smacked her one as soon as. Through the Picus building with ease. Took Fedora ?? (the half shaven stealth boss) down with little trouble by using the electricity/gas, other environmental hazards, and didn't see coming that Eliza Cassan was an AI. Anyway, just finished the next section in Detroit, and am just about to jump back into the helicopter to go somewhere else.

It's all good stuff, I spend so much time opening drawers for credit chips, and trying stealthily to look into every room in an environment to see what extras I can glean. I've put in over 30 hours so far, and it's my first play-through, and no where near completion.

She won't come back, she's dead as dead can be, she was in Tongs hideout cause his gang were harvesting her aug (if you look close you can see there's a hole in her head where her one aug would have been).... YOU LET HER DOWN :mad:

As hard as it may seem it is actually very possible to save her during the ambush... it is even fully possible to do it in a stealth and non-lethal way. Took me a few reloads on my first play and trying to figure out best path and tactics to use

I just didn't even think it was a possibility what with Malik refusing your help and telling you to get out of there, plus the objective of that area being to escape, and the fact that the enemies were already on Hostile. :hmm:

Damn!!

I should have known with Deus Ex there would always be another option! :p

Oh well, that gives me great purpose for a second playthrough where I will take those bastards out in anger!

I didn't have toooo much trouble with the 3rd Boss guy. Probably took me around 10-15 tries after I figured I would use my 10mm pistol against him rather than the Laser Rifle I had in my possession from Tongs office.

I threw a stun grenade at him straight away and blasted him with as many bullets as I could and then legged it into one of the corners. From there I could see left and right and would just look out for his shadow/cloaked self and try and get a few shots into him before he attacked me. Or I would wait for him to jump over a nearby wall and again try and get a few shots in first. This worked pretty well and the time I actually did beat him it didn't take very long at all.

However, that shot of his where he fires some plasma balls at you I guess is an absolute bitch! You can be doing pretty well against him and then this thing just get fired at you and is basically a one hit kill!

I did see after the fight there was a Plasma Rifle for me somewhere on the floor, but tbh I was having little success with the Laser Rifle, so.

I actually just took all 3 bosses so far down with my 10mm pistol.

Haven't really enjoyed the boss fights in this game very much, they're too much of a change from the main game... but I think this was the complaint leveled at the game, and maybe the definitive edition is a bit better in this regard... but it'd definitely something they could do much better in a sequel.

Maybe a fight against a mech. or something would have been awesome!

@Mokong hopefully there's a New Game Plus option on the PS3 version I'm playing... any chance your weapon locations carry over? because I've literally been stashing one of every weapon and all the weapon upgrades I haven't been able to apply to my 10mm in my apartment throughout the game, in the hope that they might all be waiting for me :p (apart from a Rocket launcher, and I currently have the Laser and Plasma Rifles in my inventory).

Think I might also download the DLC to play during the second playthrough when I get to that part.

Having been sidetracked by CoD: Ghosts and Super Mario 3D World, I played this quite a bit last week. Picked up from the end of the first visit to China.

Jenson is such a bad arse, but falls for the inevitable seduction by Zhao, could see that coming a mile off, he should have just smacked her one as soon as. Through the Picus building with ease. Took Fedora ?? (the half shaven stealth boss) down with little trouble by using the electricity/gas, other environmental hazards, and didn't see coming that Eliza Cassan was an AI. Anyway, just finished the next section in Detroit, and am just about to jump back into the helicopter to go somewhere else.

I thought the same haha, if you listen to the directors commentary during that scene they actually talk about that. They mention they had other ideas for how they wanted the scene to play out but weren't able to realise them fully so went with the standard cliche of womanly ways :heh:

I just didn't even think it was a possibility what with Malik refusing your help and telling you to get out of there, plus the objective of that area being to escape, and the fact that the enemies were already on Hostile. :hmm:

Damn!!

I should have known with Deus Ex there would always be another option! :p

Oh well, that gives me great purpose for a second playthrough where I will take those bastards out in anger!

Haha, yeah when I first played it I wasn't sure if it was possible given the situation and seemingly having a very short time window, but I was determined to try get a better outcome... no man left behind!

Haven't really enjoyed the boss fights in this game very much, they're too much of a change from the main game... but I think this was the complaint leveled at the game, and maybe the definitive edition is a bit better in this regard... but it'd definitely something they could do much better in a sequel.

I don't know the exact changes for the Directors Cut but from what I've read the changes vastly improve the boss fights and you can take out the first 3 without ever firing a shot.

I very much enjoyed them, especially when I on 3rd play worked out how beat Namir without using guns... found the result both funny and made Namir look like an idiot :P

@Mokong hopefully there's a New Game Plus option on the PS3 version I'm playing... any chance your weapon locations carry over? because I've literally been stashing one of every weapon and all the weapon upgrades I haven't been able to apply to my 10mm in my apartment throughout the game, in the hope that they might all be waiting for me :p (apart from a Rocket launcher, and I currently have the Laser and Plasma Rifles in my inventory).

Think I might also download the DLC to play during the second playthrough when I get to that part.

Well on the DC only your Augs carry over in the New Game+ so I wouldn't bet on it haha.

If you can I'd say try find the Wii U version at a good price, you'll prolly find some good deals on it now that might make it worth it for you on your 2nd play.... and you'll get the improved boss fights :)

Loving this game now. Utterly on the other side of the fence to Mokong in that I'm a killing psychopath and nothing and no-one is getting mercy. I do have loads of weapons and space for them so I can pick and choose their method of dying too...which is F.U.N. :D

Oh, and tracking baddies through walls only to smash it down and grab them by the throat? Priceless!

COMPLETED!! :) (although really that's a sadface as it's such a great game I'd rather it didn't end!)

with Trophies

Pacifist

Dxhr_achievement_Pacifist.jpg

Foxiest of the Hounds

Dxhr_achievement_Foxiest_of_the_Hounds.jpg

I found myself agreeing more with and therefore transmitting a message from Taggart's viewpoint.

It's important humanity continues to push the boundaries, develop and evolve, but after the events that went down it's true there must be some form of regulation to this to stop the power hungry mad men and women taking over.

I was really surprised there was no further scene with Megan!

And speaking of Megan, the 4th option Eliza gives you isn't completely accurate as Megan isn't at Panchaea and therefore would be someone left behind who would know what had really happened and could potentially shape future humanity decisions.

I really hope there is a sequel to this game announced soon!! although I don't know where they'd go with it, because this was the story of Adam and human evolution/augmentations. I wonder what the story is of the previous game Deus Ex.

Yes they could obviously just do a story where you are this Robocop type character fighting bad guys, but it would lack a lot of what made this story so important, the ethics and choices surrounding this new technology and human evolution.

For the moment though, I'm even more excited to now play Thief when it comes out soon. With the same team behind it, that will have to be as close as I get to a sequel for now. They did such a great job with the stealth and AI in this game, not to mention characters that I can't wait to see that developed in Thief.

Edited by Retro_Link
Found out the Icarus Wings were just for a trailer

Just did a massive chunk of the second visit to China today.

Saved Malik through stealth except one kill, but took me 7 attempts. Damn thought it was impossible after the first 3 tries, then made a breakthrough on the 4th, by actually running at the first guard on the right and then working my way anti-clockwise around the area, taking out the mech. with an EMP.

Rescued Tong's son with no problems (Jenson has so many Aug's now he's a total bass ass), and am working my way through the dock area, stopped short of having to plant the bomb on the CEO's desk. Good fun, apart from the problem with my Gamepad, which means if I sit still for too long Jenson decides to walk off by himself and blow my cover.

I had thought we hadn't found out who the 'mastermind' in the intro sequence was!... Turns out it's Bob! :p

Looks like we do have some grounds for a sequel then.

Oh Megan, what are you doing. You really aren't the woman I thought you were are you.

#TeamMalik #SpyBoy

Just did a massive chunk of the second visit to China today.

Saved Malik through stealth except one kill, but took me 7 attempts. Damn thought it was impossible after the first 3 tries, then made a breakthrough on the 4th, by actually running at the first guard on the right and then working my way anti-clockwise around the area, taking out the mech. with an EMP.

What part of the game is this?

First time I think I saw Tongs son was the cutscene after planting the bomb... although I had read several emails leading up to this about his Son being on the loose.

Rescued Tong's son with no problems (Jenson has so many Aug's now he's a total bass ass), and am working my way through the dock area, stopped short of having to plant the bomb on the CEO's desk. Good fun, apart from the problem with my Gamepad, which means if I sit still for too long Jenson decides to walk off by himself and blow my cover.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

What part of the game is this?

First time I think I saw Tongs son was the cutscene after planting the bomb... although I had read several emails leading up to this about his Son being on the loose.

After rescuing Malik and doing

the Mr. Darrow sub-plot about the Panachea data chip, then it was onto infiltrating Tong's new hideout (and loads of harvesters) in the disused underground parking lot. I was trying to find a lead on Slavenchko (or someone) about the missing Sarif employees. Turns out Tong was wearing a new arm augmentation recently collected from the corpse of the aforementioned employee.

After completing that section and a cutscene involving Tong asking me not to cut down his employees, he asks for my help in return for some information about the possible whereabouts of the other Sarif employees, including Megan hopefully. The help he requires is the rescue of his kidnapped son. It seems that Belltower have been misusing their authority and are trafficking augmented persons for lucrative spoils. After infiltrating Belltower's new safe hideout in the sewers, I found Tong's son, who told me that he planned to be kidnapped all along, so that his father would see the danger he is in and get him out of Hong Kong safely. Tong's son uses a handheld cloaking device, that I give him, to escape. Then, Tong fulfils his end of the bargain and gives me the port location as a possible area to check for the trafficked employees.

@londragon

Ok I'd done everything to infiltrating Tong's disused car park hideout and him telling you about the location of the employees...

... however after he said that I'm pretty sure the only favor he asked of me was planting the bomb (Adam says 'well that sounds like I'm only helping you out', and Tong says well the distraction will help you escape) after which he pointed me the the direction of the docks through a door at one end of the car park.

Very strange!

Possibly I missed a secondary objective come up, but that usually happens after a conversation about that something.

On my return to China I did the side-mission for Taggart and his female agent I met on the rooftop: knocking out the 5 suited guys in that lower city sewer area.

And I turned down the 'get a new chip from L.I.M.B.' secondary objective.

I'm not sure exactly what happened then. Why wouldn't he have mentioned his Son?

I can't see how anything I did would have changed that.

Like I said, I saw him make his escape in the cutscene after the bomb, but I did think it seemed a bit of a short appearance.

Edited by Retro_Link

Ok I'd done everything to infiltrating Tong's disused car park hideout and him telling you about the location of the employees...

... however after he said that I'm pretty sure the only favor he asked of me was planting the bomb (Adam says 'well that sounds like I'm only helping you out', and Tong says well the distraction will help you escape) after which he pointed me the the direction of the docks through a door at one end of the car park.

Very strange!

Possibly I missed a secondary objective come up, but that usually happens after a conversation about that something.

On my return to China I did the side-mission for Taggart and his female agent I met on the rooftop: knocking out the 5 suited guys in that lower city sewer area.

And I turned down the 'get a new chip from L.I.M.B.' secondary objective.

I'm not sure exactly what happened then. Why wouldn't he have mentioned his Son?

I can't see how anything I did would have changed that.

Like I said, I saw him make his escape in the cutscene after the bomb, but I did think it seemed a bit of a short appearance.

That's well weird. From your explanation it looks like you did everything I did, including turning down the chip, especially after putting 2 and 2 together, it's got to be a trick of some sort, it is affecting all aug.'s regardless of manufacture. Maybe it has something to do with the first meeting with Tong??? Such a long time ago now, but when I met him I did have a long conversation and got an award for talking him into/around something. Other than that I'm at a loss to explain the difference.

I think it is tied to the first meeting with Tong, I never "missed" the rescue of Tongs son in my 3 plays but all 3 times I had the same first meeting with Tong, didn't know it was possible to get the info from him without meeting him till Retro said he did so I reckon it is that.

On my 2nd play when I had the Directors Commentary on they mentioned it was possible to not get the mission to save Tongs son but didn't say how

There you go Retro even more reason to play again, there's a whole little section of the game you missed out on haha

That's well weird. From your explanation it looks like you did everything I did, including turning down the chip, especially after putting 2 and 2 together, it's got to be a trick of some sort, it is affecting all aug.'s regardless of manufacture. Maybe it has something to do with the first meeting with Tong??? Such a long time ago now, but when I met him I did have a long conversation and got an award for talking him into/around something. Other than that I'm at a loss to explain the difference.

(Yeah after reading all the emails I did from infiltrating Tai Yong medical, no way I going to put one of their chips in my body!)

Hmmm... possibly.

I know I did play the first meeting with Tong very differently from Mokong. Instead of first talking to him behind the bar on the top floor of the club and then again in his basement office, I snuck into the basement and spied on a cutscene conversation he had with a Belltower agent from an overhead air vent.

Possibly this meant when I met Tong again, he didn't really know me... however I still would have thought he would bring up helping his son in exchange for him getting me through the docks.

Edit: ah-hah! It seems @Mokong has conformed our suspicions!!

This game really is very clever! :p

There you go Retro even more reason to play again, there's a whole little section of the game you missed out on haha
Just ordered the PS3 version of the Directors Cut for £7.77 on Gamestop.co.uk :D

Considering I probably gonna spend £4.79 on The Missing Link DLC anyway, £2.98 isn't much to ask :p

I look forward to seeing what they've done with the Boss Fights, to the DLC, to saving Malik, and playing the game in a few different ways second time through (or maybe more so on a second run-through of the directors cut after an initial stealth run).

I also found out that there wasn't a New Game + on my version anyway.

And also... that on the Directors Cut, 2 energy bars recharge as standard on Easy/Normal difficulties, as opposed to the 1 energy bar I had to fight through the game with ;p you had it easy! ;)

Anyone know if he says anything to you if you hack into his computer during that time when he isn't there?

Also, I saw a funny clip on youtube of Pritchard saying to you something like

"I know they've changed a lot on you Jenson, but they haven't changed you that much, so stay out of the women's bathroom"

lol :p never came across that.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Edit: ah-hah! It seems @Mokong has conformed our suspicions!!

This game really is very clever! :p

It is amazing how they accounted for the freedom they give the player and change things depending how you play, they might be little things here and there but it's those little touches that really show the work they put into it and does give the player a good sense of cause and effect of their actions.

Just ordered the PS3 version of the Directors Cut for £7.77 on Gamestop.co.uk :D

Considering I probably gonna spend £4.79 on The Missing Link DLC anyway, £2.98 isn't much to ask :p

Ah, could you not find the Wii U version at a good deal (you do have a Wii U yeah or am I imagining that?) I think you would have loved the GamePad use. It's sounds like or minor things but it really does add to the immersion I thought, especially the touch screen hacking and even reading eBooks on the GP, felt like my hands were Jensens :D

Though if you have a Vita (which I think maybe you do???) I think the PS3 version lets you use the Vita for the same features the GamePad gives so if you do have one try using it (though I think you still play with teh PS3 controller and maybe have the Vita sitting next to you and pick up as needed.... the gamepad of course is handy having it all in one, but I could be wrong maybe you can use the Vita to control teh game too? Let us know when you get it)

I look forward to seeing what they've done with the Boss Fights, to the DLC, to saving Malik, and playing the game in a few different ways second time through (or maybe more so on a second run-through of the directors cut after an initial stealth run).

Lol, yeah go for a Stealth run again, you'll prolly find it easier too given you'll know where things/guards are now. Do you know where abouts the DLC take places during the game? Looking forward to hearing how you get on with that :D

I also found out that there wasn't a New Game + on my version anyway.

And also... that on the Directors Cut, 2 energy bars recharge as standard on Easy/Normal difficulties, as opposed to the 1 energy bar I had to fight through the game with ;p you had it easy! ;)

No New Game+? Well sucks, good think you got the the DC then so. And wow didn't know the original only recharged the one energy bar, I thought 2 was harsh when I played on Normal.... and was in shock when I played Hard and found only 1 recharged haha.

Anyone know if he says anything to you if you hack into his computer during that time when he isn't there?

Also, I saw a funny clip on youtube of Pritchard saying to you something like

"I know they've changed a lot on you Jenson, but they haven't changed you that much, so stay out of the women's bathroom"

lol :p never came across that.

I don't think he finds out/knows you hacked his computer, but if you haven't done it you should do when you are able to on the DC, there's a funny email in there that is well worth a read :D

Also I am not familiar with that bit of dialogue.... might have to look into that

It is amazing how they accounted for the freedom they give the player and change things depending how you play, they might be little things here and there but it's those little touches that really show the work they put into it and does give the player a good sense of cause and effect of their actions.
Exactly!!

Mokong I think you might need to get yourself a PS3 on the cheap so you can play Theif when it comes out! :) Good times will be had if Deus Ex is anything to go by!

Ah, could you not find the Wii U version at a good deal (you do have a Wii U yeah or am I imagining that?) I think you would have loved the GamePad use. It's sounds like or minor things but it really does add to the immersion I thought, especially the touch screen hacking and even reading eBooks on the GP, felt like my hands were Jensens :D[/Quote]I don't have a Wii U yet. That version does sound good.

But anyways, I'm used to how the PS3 version plays now and that's a very good price.

It's also had a bit of a graphical update I believe so that'll be nice too! :)

Lol, yeah go for a Stealth run again, you'll prolly find it easier too given you'll know where things/guards are now. Do you know where abouts the DLC take places during the game? Looking forward to hearing how you get on with that :D
Yeah I think a stealth run first will be the way to go and then I can kick ass with a fully powered up Jenson on future runs! :D

I presume it takes places during The Docks and Singapore? If it does that'll be very cool, and a great change of setting!

No New Game+? Well sucks, good think you got the the DC then so. And wow didn't know the original only recharged the one energy bar, I thought 2 was harsh when I played on Normal.... and was in shock when I played Hard and found only 1 recharged haha.
Yeah I'm wondering if I just go for a hard from from the get go now I know I can do it :p But then it would be easier with all my augs. I guess.

Panchaea was tough! Stealthing through corridors and rooms of crazies, trying to keep my cloaking device topped up with nutrient bars, but not knowing how many I could get away with using as I didn't know what was to come!

Luckily that internal bridge on Panchaea had that gangway running along the side you could drop down on to, so I could save using it for parts!

Great to have a game that's rewarding for several playthroughs due to there being so many ways to do things! :)

@Mokong Check out 1:30 :p

Edited by Retro_Link

@Mokong Check out 1:30 :p

Wow, must depend how you answer his questions in that first meeting so... gonna have to try that :)

Whoop! Directors Cut came :)

Cool looking forward to hearing more of your impressions :)

Have you got a Vita? If you do try the second screen function and see how it works

Cool looking forward to hearing more of your impressions :)

Have you got a Vita? If you do try the second screen function and see how it works

Have you figured out how to get Zeke to free the woman and get put in jail on one of your runs yet?

No Vita here yet. I would like one to play Tearaway, but a Wii U and PS4 Purchase would come ahead of it.

How close am I to getting you to pick up a cheap PS3 so you can play Thief!? ;)

and I can also recommend you a bunch of other great games! :D

Have you figured out how to get Zeke to free the woman and get put in jail on one of your runs yet?

I haven't tried it out but I assume you have to fight him and take him down non-lethally. Stun Gun would prolly be the best option as you might be able to get the shot off before he kills the hostage.

When I decided to kill him I was able to get my shot off and kill him before he killed his hostage (after a reload, on first try he did shot her, I wasn't expecting he would, thought he'd focus on me so reloaded to try again :))

How close am I to getting you to pick up a cheap PS3 so you can play Thief!? ;)

and I can also recommend you a bunch of other great games! :D

I've always been tempted but, finacially I'm better off to keep myself to one console as I do

Man the Directors Cut seems to get off to an easier start.

Just infiltrating the Sarif labs, and there's just some random dead guy on the roof with a Sniper Rifle there for you! don't remember him being there before, but maybe he was... and there's also the double shotgun by the door, don't think it was that before. On the whole there seems to be more pick-ups scattered around atm and I don't even think the blue Remote Explosives were even in the original version, but I already have several of those pocketed.

Of course I'm doing a stealth run so none of this stuff is actually of any use, by the weapons buyer and seller will be happy :p

Having two energy cells really does help to. There were numerous times before when I'd sneak up behind a guy and couldn't perform a takedown as my battery was charging leading to 'oh shit what do I do now!! and either retreat as fast as I could or whip out the stun-gun'. Also being able to take out two guys in succession as opposed to having to wait behind the second twiddling my thumbs whilst the battery recharged! haha.

The game looks noticeable brighter and more detailed :)

Think there was an added helicopter in the background fly in when Malik dropped me off.

Also got the trophy I hadn't in Megan's lab before at the start of the game.

Man the Directors Cut seems to get off to an easier start.

Just infiltrating the Sarif labs, and there's just some random dead guy on the roof with a Sniper Rifle there for you! don't remember him being there before, but maybe he was... and there's also the double shotgun by the door, don't think it was that before. On the whole there seems to be more pick-ups scattered around atm and I don't even think the blue Remote Explosives were even in the original version, but I already have several of those pocketed.

Pretty sure most if not all of those were DLC weapons.... the sniper rifle definately was anyway

Having two energy cells really does help to. There were numerous times before when I'd sneak up behind a guy and couldn't perform a takedown as my battery was charging leading to 'oh shit what do I do now!!

Lol, I had many of those on my hard mode run :D

Also being able to take out two guys in succession as opposed to having to wait behind the second twiddling my thumbs whilst the battery recharged! haha.

Did the original not have the upgrade that lets you take out two guys at oncd (if they are close to each other)?

Also got the trophy I hadn't in Megan's lab before at the start of the game.

Is that the "Old School Gamer" award? I thought that was in the original, from the way they talked about it on the commentary it sounded like it was.

Did the original not have the upgrade that lets you take out two guys at oncd (if they are close to each other)?

Is that the "Old School Gamer" award? I thought that was in the original, from the way they talked about it on the commentary it sounded like it was.

The trophy was in the original, I just didn't get it first time round... don't think I even checked Megan's computer before. Someone needs to give Jenson the address of that woman who had Megan and his dog, so he can go and kick her ass!! That should be the next DLC.

Yeah the double takedown was in there, I don't think I ver had the situation arise though. Hopefully get to try it out this time through :)

Hot damn, you have no idea how much more improved that first boss fight is! :p

For starters there's a second floor!! something I always thought there should have been in the original game, so that should you want to try and snipe the guy, you'd have a bit more room to do so.

But just to put it to you how bad it was before, it was literally just the room you start the boss fight in, except that it was only ever one pillar deep all the way round (instead of the 3 rows of pillars they've expanded one side of the room to) and maybe two small side rooms where there were some weapons stashed.

No back corridor with weapon rooms and turrets, no computers to hack, no vents to crawl through, no ladders...

I have to say, I did spend a while looking to see if you could open the doors in the middle of the floor and drop him through it ;p I even tried to see if you could shoot down the crates hanging from the roof :D

But anyway I had so much more fun hacking the computers, arming the turrets against him, putting one at one end of the room and whilst it kept him at bay, walking towards him from a different angle with the second.

Much better :)

Edited by Retro_Link

Awesome, was waiting for you to get there to post teh differences.

Sounds like they did a hell of a job improving the boss fights so. Looking forward to hearing when you get to the others.

Did you get the award for beating Barrett with using no weapons? (No guns or gernades...turrets are ok to use to get the award award cause techincially they aren't your bullets)

Awesome, was waiting for you to get there to post teh differences.

Sounds like they did a hell of a job improving the boss fights so. Looking forward to hearing when you get to the others.

Did you get the award for beating Barrett with using no weapons? (No guns or gernades...turrets are ok to use to get the award award cause technically they aren't your bullets)

It really is an improvement! :)

Is there an award/trophy for that??... I got the standard trophy for beating him.

I threw a concussion grenade as soon as the fight started to help me get to the ladder :/

I also approached the Tong situation differently this time, talking to him behind the bar. Have you done the stealth way of getting the info from him?

Edited by Retro_Link