N-Europe

Knack

Retro_Link

Surprised this has turned out so badly. Echo @S\.C\.G thoughts, can't justify spending £50 on this. I only need one turkey for Christmas, and this one doesn't fit the bill.

Sad though, thought this had a lot of potential.

Sod it... who am I trying to kid? I can't really justify spending £45+ on an 'OK at best' game.

*waves bye to Knack*

Killzone and Resogun will keep me entertained enough, it's not as if I don't have other games to play elsewhere as well. :p

These last months of the year are going to be expensive enough as it is, plus I do kind of feel guilty at buying a new console so close to Christmas as it is, so at least I can spend the money elsewhere where it will be appreciated more. :)

Ahhh a brief moment of clarity in the release-schedule chaos that's currently about to unfold. : peace:

For now.... I'm out!

[/thread]

Surprised this has turned out so badly. Echo @S\.C\.G thoughts, can't justify spending £50 on this. I only need one turkey for Christmas, and this one doesn't fit the bill.

Sad though, thought this had a lot of potential.

True, hopefully it'll still sell enough to justify its creation, I still might bite later down the line when it's cheaper, with any luck it might pave the way for a superior sequel one day or will just serve as an elaborate learning curve for Cerny and Sony. :)

So it still has a purpose beyond being an average game I suppose which is another way of looking at it. ::shrug:

I played Knack and it was cack.....

Played it for quite a while on a demo booth and it sucked....doesn't look next gen at all, the combat is unoriginal, platforming uninspiring. Just downright awful....it's gonna end up on Plus surely, play it when its on there is my tip!

• 9 months later...

I started playing this yesterday and i'm enjoying what i've played so far ( up to 6-1 out of a 13 chapter game ). I started it on the hard setting so it saves me doing an extra play through and man is the game tough. It's essentially a one hit kill scenario, which means i'm having to dodge and learn when to time my attacks perfectly.

Despite the difficulty its still a very simplistic game. You just walk around, barrier comes up and then you kill the enemies. I personally don't mind this but I can see why people have major issues with it.

I love the treasure chest idea in the game. You basically find chests that have parts for you to upgrade Knack with. If a friend has opened a chest before you then you can exchange what you got with what they found instead. I swapped a few items with stuff that Daft and Owen ( why did he leave this place? :( ) found. @lostmario all your stuff was garbage. :D

The app game has come in handy as well. I can gain a few extra parts here and there while im on my lunch break at work. I actually downloaded and started collecting these parts a couple of weeks ago, just to give me a little boost when I started. :)

Despite the difficulty its still a very simplistic game. You just walk around, barrier comes up and then you kill the enemies. I personally don't mind this but I can see why people have major issues with it.

You might like the One Piece: Pirate Warriors series, same premise :p