NEurope
Nintendork

Keep the 'Nintendo Revolution' codename.

N.RES would be a good one. "just going on my RES" it has a ring to it. although i dont really care what it is called. i will buy it what ever

Yeah Revolution is a quite good name but what about the next name? To establish a brand Nintendo should go the way Sony and Microsoft did. Pick one name and use that with iterations. Microsoft Xbox, Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3 are very well known. Furthermore what is next? I mean after Revolution every other name seems to be a bit underwhelming in my eyes. Nintendo Revolution and then Nintendo 2 times Revolution?

Yeah Revolution is a quite good name but what about the next name? To establish a brand Nintendo should go the way Sony and Microsoft did. Pick one name and use that with iterations. Microsoft Xbox, Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3 are very well known. Furthermore what is next? I mean after Revolution every other name seems to be a bit underwhelming in my eyes. Nintendo Revolution and then Nintendo 2 times Revolution?

That's a good point. Next consol name: Nintendo Bestest? :D

I'm sure that Nintendo can come up with a better name than Revolution and as people have said I feel that it makes them look unmodest and arrogant.

I've never been a fan of the name, it's a nice codename but I'll be happy when they rename it something decent.

________

digital vaporizer

Edited by Incomplete

The Nintendo Lightning ...

You know with the blue light and all...

Ah never mind.

I too move for a name different to Nintendo Revolution

Either the infamous 'N5', or 'Nintendo Really Really Good'

they should just go back to basics, the "nintendo entertainment system *5" but i kind of like the revolution sounds next gen-ish. and its stating a fact, a revolution in gaming. a new begining in the world of games...

Revolution is a good name and is much better than companyys just added numbers on the end (e.i playstation or xbox), consoles with just names were so much better, like dreamcast or megadrive those names are so cool.

yeh someone mentioned that after "revolution" any new machine's name would seem underwhelming, but think about xbox and sony, what on earth will they call their's? xbox 666? and playstation 4 just sounds like a generic money-maker.

but i wana wait to see what they are thinking of calling it. i don't mind revolution but i think nintendo may surprise us.

Petition online...i wont bother signing this until some one proves a petition has worked on there.

But the petitions must be aimed at international companies.

Then i'l vote.

Unless I'm much mistake, wasn't DS just a code-name until about a month before the system launched? I wouldn't rule out revolution staying the full name, I'm sure the owners of revo-europe are hoping it will anyway :laughing:

To be honest, I think Revo rolls off the tongue quite well - but I think calling it a revolution is a bit of a risky, if the console struggles and receives a bunch of ports that make no use of the "revolutionary" features of the system then Nintendo look like fools. At the same time N5 just doesn't roll of the tongue as well as 360, or PS3. "I'm playing my N5..." just doesn't sound right.

Whatever they ultimately call it, I'm sure Nintendo will get it right.

Nintendo Entertainment Bionic Man.

Actualy, I'm quite indifferent on the name.

Why are people shortening Revolution to Revo, rather than Rev (which is the traditional abbreviation of revolution, as in revs per minute (RPM))? Is it simply down to those fake ads that went around, or do people really think it sounds better?

NRS - Nintendo Revolution System

I agree on getting rid of the Revolution name, something thats easy to say, and describes the system in a simple way, would be nice.

Attitude sure has changed around here, I don't think anyone can justify these comments on Revolution being unmodest of cocky.. at the end of the day we all know that the Revolution will use the controller, and it is getting support from many developpers.

If you took the time to read it many studios like ubisoft, kojima studios and EA are interested, the controller will be used in nintendo 1st party titles.. The console is a sure fire Revolution, and whether it utilises the controller is not a factor @ Jay

And the only other rumours we've heard are N5.. which if you think about it is totally an egotistical name, if you put it into perspective with the PS3 and xbox 360.

The other names you've suggested are pretty random, NRS is the most interesting, nintendo revolution system, I don't think many people will identify the console with the name revo much, From what i've seen the name Rev has been thrown around a lot on message boards as it's shorter.. but when you say it:

Rev-o-lu-tion, 4 sylables 1 word

x-box three-six-ty, 5 sylables 2 words

play-sta-tion three, 4 sylables 2 words

When you're speaking it, it doesn't need to be shortened, it rolls of the tounge nice.

No the Nintendo DS name was nitro in development, it was renamed DS dual screen when the dual screen feature was revealed to hype the system up.

I wouldn't mind if it stayed being called Revolution. After all, we've been calling it that for over a year and a half now, and it'd be strange to think of it being named something else. Whatever happens, I want Nintendo to keep changing the name of its machines every generation, rather than sticking to the same one like the Playstation and Xbox. Nintendo doesn't need to create a long-standing brand name that everyone will recognise, like Playstation - 'Nintendo' already is one.

Attitude sure has changed around here, I don't think anyone can justify these comments on Revolution being unmodest of cocky.. at the end of the day we all know that the Revolution will use the controller, and it is getting support from many developpers.

And the only other rumours we've heard are N5.. which if you think about it is totally an egotistical name, if you put it into perspective with the PS3 and xbox 360.

Yes you are quite right, calling it a revolution is being completely modest and not at all egotistical... :indeed:

Revolution is a great name, and even if Nintendo changes it it will be good. (or not). Who cares actually.

I don't think Leonardo da Vinci would deny his status as a revolutionary, have you even seen some of his creations?

Literally.