NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

HD Camcorder

I'm considering doing some video work and need a camcorder for it. Doesn't need to be amazing quality, as long as it's at least 720. Ideally quite small/compact (considering hooking it up to my bike).

Price range of £100-150.

Ideas folks?

If you want to attach it to your bike... well it's out of your price range but the GoPro is great for that kind of thing and a bike mount is £19.99 direct from there, or you can probably get a bundle for about £180-190.

http://gopro.com/

Panasonic HX-DC1 is a good'un £156 for black. There's also an olympics branded one a bit cheaper on there but the reviews are worse.

For a safe bet you can always go Handycam (for £180).

I thought of the Flip too but attaching it to a bike suggested Ashley might've wanted something with a bit more stabilisation. Same problem with the one mr-paul posted. Good picture for the price though.

I can't recommend a GoPro enough. One of my friends takes fantastic videos with his when it is attached to bike and a helmet cam for skiing.

I'm not going to always attach it to my bike, it was more "it would be cool to try it out". If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Plus microphone doesn't really matter as I'll probably be removing the audio 90% of the time anyway.

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Will check them out :)

Sign in to follow this