NEurope
Hero-of-Time

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

We got Wii Sports in a proper case so we should get this in it. If not, I have a few Point Card cases I can use

Please, someone, anyone! who has access to anyone from Nintendo. Ask if Wii U VC games will support 60hz here in Europe!!!

I'm so sick to death of their 50hz crap on the Wii VC (hell they offer 60hz VC games on the 3DS! No reason why it can't be the same for Wii U!)

And just as a longshot... is it possible to transfer from a US Wii to a UK Wii U (I fear that I already know the answer though :( )

I think peolpe have mixed this up. Shibata said that by buying games at the WiiU eShop will allow you to collect 'points'. The points are equivalent to about 10% of the price paid for the game in pence (not pounds). So a 30.00 quid game would net you 300 points. It is only after reaching 500 points can you then redeem those points on future transactions. So, it is a 10% discount, but you don't get the discount upon your first purchases it's paid for loyalty, and repeat buying.

Ah nuts, your right. I just heard the 10% off bit. Not as good any more :(

Just heard Reggie mention the points too as I watched the NA Conference, so that's why this promotion is going until 2014 it'll allow people to be able to build a decent amount of points by then.

So is it for all purchases on the E-Shop or just the retail games?

Anyone know if the E-Shop will have all of the VC games on there at launch? I've been holding back on a few titles so buying them on the Wii U with a 10% discount/points thingy would be pretty sweet.

So is it for all purchases on the E-Shop or just the retail games?

Anyone know if the E-Shop will have all of the VC games on there at launch? I've been holding back on a few titles so buying them on the Wii U with a 10% discount/points thingy would be pretty sweet.

Yep. All purchases, DLC, full games, eShop games :)

I don't see why they wouldn't have them...the 3DS eShop has all DSiWare on it

Yep. All purchases, DLC, full games, eShop games :)

I don't see why they wouldn't have them...the 3DS eShop has all DSiWare on it

This pretty sweet then.

This pretty sweet then.

Yeah for sure. Plus with Nintendo Land in the box, if you're looking to get that game, there's absolutely no reason to go with the base pack rather than the premium one since it adds up to being the same price (unless you really, really want the white one!)

Yeah for sure. Plus with Nintendo Land in the box, if you're looking to get that game, there's absolutely no reason to go with the base pack rather than the premium one since it adds up to being the same price (unless you really, really want the white one!)

I've already preordered the premium. Clearly its the way forward. :D

Truth be told I like the look of Nintendo Land, it looks much more fun then the footage I saw of it at E3, especially the Metroid one! :D

Truth be told I like the look of Nintendo Land, it looks much more fun then the footage I saw of it at E3, especially the Metroid one! :D

The Pikmin one looks awesome. Player 1 on the GamePad as Olimar. Players 2-5 as Pikmin that Player 1 has to pick up and throw :D

Please, someone, anyone! who has access to anyone from Nintendo. Ask if Wii U VC games will support 60hz here in Europe!!!

I'm so sick to death of their 50hz crap on the Wii VC (hell they offer 60hz VC games on the 3DS! No reason why it can't be the same for Wii U!)

And just as a longshot... is it possible to transfer from a US Wii to a UK Wii U (I fear that I already know the answer though :( )

If HD they will be 60fps. The HZ junk may apply to old games for compatibility though. If its region free you could grab it off the US store?

If HD they will be 60fps. The HZ junk may apply to old games for compatibility though. If its region free you could grab it off the US store?

The HDTV standard still includes 50hz support (HD TV broadcasts across Europe are still done in 50hz for instance)

Just cause it's HD, doesn't mean that we'll necessarily get 60hz support for VC games...

Just heard Reggie mention the points too as I watched the NA Conference, so that's why this promotion is going until 2014 it'll allow people to be able to build a decent amount of points by then.

Also, to see if the Reward Scheme is viable, and whether or not they should extend it into the future, I suppose.

Metroid Blast does look like a Blast, and each 'mini' game/attraction seems to be a larger affair than most of Ninty's other offerings from the past. Blast, for example, has multiple modes, multiple single and multiple multi-player modes. I think the overall package will be pretty impressive.

Looking forward to it.

Just found out after pre-ordering the Premium ZombiU Wii U SKU, that Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that the aforementioned bundle does NOT include NintendoLand.

Gutted, cancelling my order to rethink this through.