NEurope
gaggle64

The Mental Health Thread - Living in the cuckoo's nest

You could say you were all ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... a bunch of eggheads.

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm always up and down but haven't been this uncertain for quite a while. I suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and all sorts back in school, missing 6 months at one point thanks to not being able to leave the house. It was weird and if I'm honest, I can't remember most of it, when I try to remember what happened in year 11 it's pretty much completely blank.

Anyway, as time went by I started to improve and pretty much become completely fine again, I'd always get the odd day where I was on edge and stuff, but I made friends and even started hanging out socially.

It was pretty crazy. Anyway yeah, since then I've been on and off. I don't think anyone really knows though, I don't really speak much about my sanity. But anyway, that brings me onto why I'm here. The last few months have been really weird.

My anxiety has been through the roof, and whilst I'm not as bad as I was (I still attend social events and stuff as oppose to hiding away in my room) it certainly seems to be a downward spiral.

I don't know, I get like this every now and then, I'll probably be fine in a few days, but the last few weeks have been really hard and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, so this seemed like the best place to spurt my feelings.

Some days I just don't want to get out of bed, I just feel like staying there and letting the world go by. I know it will pass, it always does, but I don't know. I suppose my anxiety always gets worse when bad stuff is happening, and this year seems to have been handing out shit on a plate.

I'm always up and down but haven't been this uncertain for quite a while. I suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and all sorts back in school, missing 6 months at one point thanks to not being able to leave the house. It was weird and if I'm honest, I can't remember most of it, when I try to remember what happened in year 11 it's pretty much completely blank.

Anyway, as time went by I started to improve and pretty much become completely fine again, I'd always get the odd day where I was on edge and stuff, but I made friends and even started hanging out socially.

It was pretty crazy. Anyway yeah, since then I've been on and off. I don't think anyone really knows though, I don't really speak much about my sanity. But anyway, that brings me onto why I'm here. The last few months have been really weird.

My anxiety has been through the roof, and whilst I'm not as bad as I was (I still attend social events and stuff as oppose to hiding away in my room) it certainly seems to be a downward spiral.

I don't know, I get like this every now and then, I'll probably be fine in a few days, but the last few weeks have been really hard and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, so this seemed like the best place to spurt my feelings.

Some days I just don't want to get out of bed, I just feel like staying there and letting the world go by. I know it will pass, it always does, but I don't know. I suppose my anxiety always gets worse when bad stuff is happening, and this year seems to have been handing out shit on a plate.

Whether its a temporary thing or not it's definitely a good idea to see your gp now. It's easier to deal with a problem before it takes over your entire life. I always feel the worst first thing in the morning, it is when I have those doubting thoughts, the ones that make me want to hide away from the world.