NEurope
Hogge

Velocity Stream

Hey, people!

I've got some very exciting news!

Firstly, the game has advanced a fair bit, and I've got a video to show for it:

Our company is now officially working to release the game for the Wii U.

Lastly, to further fund development of Velocity Stream, we are planning on starting an IndieGoGo-campaign. If you want to see this game for the Wii U or PC, please spread the info!

Have you thought about kickstarter?

We have.

Unfortunately, that requires us to have a company registered in the US or UK, but we're only a tiny Swedish developer :(

Our company is now officially working to release the game for the Wii U.

This is G if you can. I haven't followed the game much so far(except when originally posted, I can't look at devs since right now), but depending on price point, I'm almost definitely committed to getting this on Wii U just out of support. What are you hoping to sell for?

Edited by Rummy

This is G if you can. I haven't followed the game much so far(except when originally posted, I can look at devs since right now), but depending on price point, I'm almost definitely committed to getting this on Wii U just out of support. What are you hoping to sell for?

That's yet to be decided, but we're considering the 20 euro mark. Has anyone got any input on that pricrpoint?

And thanks for the support. However, if you really support us, please help us spread the word. Or better yet: contribute!

We've got some fan-bleedin' tastic perks in there!

Are you selling this on PC?

The game will be out for the PC as well, yes. As I stated before, we'll try to get it Greenlighted, but our backup plan is Desura.

A general question to everybody:

How can we compel you to contribute? Cheapen the perks? Sweeten them? Shorten the video? Shorten the text? Provide more information?

Oh, and here's a new screenshot:

screenshot56.png

I think the biggest problem is that nobody cares about Indiegogo.

How close are you to completion? Could you make a working demo/beta release?

I'm going to discuss it with the team.

Right now our menu system is in development, so if we were to have a demo (atless our programmers advance very rapidly in a short time), you wouldn't be able to change any settings.

But beyond that? Plenty of games get funding without demos.

It's been a while since I updated, so here's some new info for ya.

Firstly, we're going to show the game off at GDC Europe this month, so if anyone's going there, please visit us, we'll probably reside in the Swedish Game booth.

Secondly, we've just become a licensed Wii U developer :santa:

And thirdly, this is what the game looks like now:

Screenshot021.png

Screenshot017.png

Check out the new video from Velocity Stream:

Also, Brjann Sigurgeirsson (CEO of Image & Form, makers of Steamworld Dig for the 3DS) tried the game out this weekend and absoltely loved it!

Here's a new video showing off the game in splitscreen, with sound.

Unfortunately, the video is already a bit out of date, as we've progressed leaps and bounds when it comes to graphics, gameplay... everything.

We are planning on releasing a splitscreen-only demo online in March.

Idea sounds interesting and I'd definitely contemplate a purchase! However what's that the article says? Despite being an official Wii U devloper they as of yet have no dev kit? I'm sure Hogge said they became an official developer ages ago - so why not? This is the sort of bullshit Nintendo need to sort out imo - make it as easy and accessible for devs as possible!

It's not that it's particularly hard to get a kit, all we have to do is to order it. The problem is the cost, which is currently out of reach for us. Espescially considering the mild success of the Wii U right now.

But yes, I am quite pleased that Nintendolife have written about us and that we've received these generally positive comments. We do need all the buzz we can get before release.

It's not that it's particularly hard to get a kit, all we have to do is to order it. The problem is the cost, which is currently out of reach for us. Espescially considering the mild success of the Wii U right now.

But yes, I am quite pleased that Nintendolife have written about us and that we've received these generally positive comments. We do need all the buzz we can get before release.

What, if you don't mind me asking, is the cost? I'm interested in how accessible Nintendo make it really...

What, if you don't mind me asking, is the cost? I'm interested in how accessible Nintendo make it really...

I'm not at liberty to say exactly, but let's just say it's leaps and bounds cheaper than a PS3 devkit, but still a pain in the ass for indie developers.

Hmm, still seems silly to me. If I was Nintendo I'd provide it in some sort of subsidised agreement/recoup money later from sales(or an installments basis once provided). Break down these barriers and get content onto your systems!!

Here's a new screenie, showing a building in the environment. As you can see, the graphical level of detail is substantially much higher than before.

render04.png

Why is there a building on the track?

Also, what's the estimated completion date/indieGoGo date?

Why is there a building on the track?

Also, what's the estimated completion date/indieGoGo date?

Naw, it's a bridge building for the Paver to fly underneath.