NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Semi-decent budget android?

I know there's a thread, but essentially my phone's being a cunt and I might get so fed up with it I'll get another; I'm just wondering what/where's good for a decent budget Android smartphone(non-contract), maybe looking at £100? £120 tops?

Did consider that one, I believe Marcamillian has the first one. How difficult is an Android to unlock, though? I'd need to be on o2 really. If it's an easy enough jobby to unlock at home I'd do it though.

"cum hoc ergo propter hoc"

Indeed no, it is not the signal issue that has also blighted o2 and piggybacking networks. My phone, as posted in the android thread, constantly answers and makes calls with automatic loudspeaker. From what I can gather, especially given my tried solutions, it must be a semi-hardware issue and I think it's probably some sort of issue associated with a.) the usb port making it think it's constantly docked and b.) how often I have dropped the bloody thing. I don't do calls all that often so tbh I could probably learn to live with it, but ultimately in the long run it might be enough of an issue to warrant a different phone given the implications of answering a call under the pressure of the fact someone's calling you, and then not quite realising the fact it does so on loudspeaker as it's close to your ear.

For around £100 the Huawei Ascend 300 is phenomenal value and a decent smartphone too.

Sign in to follow this