N-Europe

Luminous Studio: Final Fantasy Real Time Tech Demo

Dante

AurDxXKCAAA5rbH.jpg

To face the future challenges of game development head-on, our team at Square Enix is actively engaged in a comprehensive overhaul of our game development process. Leading this endeavor is the creation of a next-generation game engine aimed at delivering multi-platform, cutting-edge games for tomorrow's gaming systems. In order to achieve our goals, we've been looking for the best and brightest talent in the game industry.

Thanks to our recruiting efforts, which began last year, we've seen an influx of excellent developers not only from within Japan, but from various corners of the world as well. We've become a very international team, with about 30% of our members coming from outside of Japan. I'd like to stress that Japanese language proficiency is not a requirement; if you think you have the right skills and are able to communicate in either English or Japanese, don't hesitate to contact us.

In addition to our work on the game engine, we're also very excited about the development of our accompanying DirectX 11-based tech demo, Philosophy. We're looking for talented individuals to push graphics technology to its limits in the production of this groundbreaking demo.

Lastly, we also have openings for researchers interested in using their academic ability to support existing game engine technology, and to help guide the next generation of entertainment technology that will be enjoyed by millions.

If you have a passion for games and game engine development and would like to put your skills to the test, we'd love to hear from you. I'm sure you'll find both rewarding challenges and a satisfying and exciting experience.

Seeking the Best

Yoshihisa Hashimoto

“Luminous Studio” Game Engine Director

“Philosophy” Technology Demo Director

Square Enix CTO

Screens:

l_4fcebcbf53766vli85.jpg

l_4fcebcc09a801ujdkd.jpg

l_4fcebcc221623rait5.jpg

l_4fcebcc295972kbfla.jpg

l_4fcebcc332b56hjckb.jpg

l_4fcebcc3b1e99bzfq2.jpg

philosophyyodth.png

Edited by Dante

^Stuff like this is I guess. Mixture of 2005 and 2006 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxCupcM4EYg

I remember one of the first things I saw was early videos of Unreal Engine 3. I think it was first shown at GDC 2004?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501tSvxnSEo - I saw a GDC presentation I think, not this narrated video, but this is basically the same tech demo.