NEurope
Hamishmash

The Smash Brothers

So I drew this.

the_smash_brothers_by_hamishmash-d4z7j23.jpg

And made this description.

When Luigi arrives in from the Mushroom Kingdom to steal the mysterious ? Block which holds unlimited stars, Fox McCloud must enlist the help of the Nintendo Universe’s champions in order to defeat him, including his brother Mario, a living legend from the past known as Link, a genius in robot armour named Samus and a raging monster named Donkey Kong. The assemble on the Great Fox and try to plan their attack but could it be too late already?

Will the team come together before Master Hand approaches? This isn’t a team, it’s a Bob-Omb.

And now I want to draw the comic or write something set in the universe...

Help?

That looks amazing. Not quite sure what help you need, though.

Great concept!!

Fox as Nick Fury... brilliant!

Think Link needs the Megaton Hammer! :p

Either that or will he hold his sword skyward to draw in lighting which he'll then fire from it?

... or BOTH! :D

Mario is Thor in the picture. I gave him his winged cap, his cape and he is holding his hammer.

the-avengers-poster.jpg

I made Link the Captain because he was the only character with a shield and he feels the most "man from another time". It was originally going to be Captain Falcon but he almost fits the Avengers too well. :D

And Pit probably is another Thor candidate... what with being from Sky World and everything. Pikachu too because of Thunder.

But essentially you can let your mind do whatever you want with this. I just saw a lot of parallels between the Nintendo and Marvel universes. I hope the next Smash Bros' 1 player games goes into more detail about worlds clashing. I like that more than just all the characters living in one world which gets attacked by bland, new villains.

Pit has to be Hawkeye, bow and arrow skills make sense.

Ah I missed Mario's hammer. I presumed he was Cap, because of the wings on his hat, and the natural Nintendo leader.

Link is from an Ancient Land, so would fit Thor.

Huh. Seems like someone else had the same idea. Actually thought it was yours until I looked more closely.

9c0.jpg

No waaaaaaay. Awww I bet it's got 10 times the attention. That sucks. Oh well.

If it makes you feel any better, I think yours is better on multiple levels. Amazing, really :o

(It's also at times like these that I wished Hector was in Brawl. Dude has armour, cape and a Legendary Thunder Axe. He'd fit Thor perfectly)

I like Hamish's best but damn is that freaky two people having such close of a similar picture.

I think Hamish is spot on with Link as Cap, I never seen Captain Falcon with a Sheild, Link makes sense cuz of teh Sheild and the Time thing. Mario fits brilliantly with Thor as you could have Luigi as Loki which Hamish did in his description.

Though I would think then that you shouldn't have Peach as Black Widow, since Black Window in Avengers has no connection to Thor & Loki like Peach does with Mario & Luigi.

Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness might have been better.... or Krystal from Star Fox? (There could be some parrallel drawn between Fury & Black Widow with Fox & Krystal?)

Joanna Dark would actually make the perfect Nintendo version of Black Widow.... but don't know if she counts anymore? Shame.

People with guns are hard to find in Nintendo franchises, and Samus is already taken...

How about Sami from Advance Wars?

I think there are better choices but I think for "linkability"'s sake, I didn't want to go with anyone too obscure. I wanted a bunch of characters everyone knows are Nintendo characters, iconic ones. They're also all on the box for Smash Bros Brawl, which was kind of the idea. I mean this image could work as the cover for Smash Bros 4 if you think about it.

wow..that is amazing creativity..fox as nick fury.... Mario standing there... as Thor... :D nice imagination.... iron man my favorite..who is urs????