N-Europe

LEGO Batman 2

ReZourceman

Demo up on XBL not sure about PSN. It was a fun demo but you dont get to run around the open Gotham in the demo.

Take note people who are getting the handheld version, there is no open city Gotham to explore on handhelds only home consoles. Also levels arent as big and there arent as many suits.

Edited by bryanee

Just finished it.

What an absolute joy to play. The story and script were funny and it was great to finally have voices in a Lego game and they worked really well. The missions themselve whilst not a huge departure from past games do provide some fun light puzzle work with fun combat which becomes even better when mixing it up with different characters.

The open world Gotham is fantastic and really good to explore, I just spent the better half of 2 hours flying around as Superman to the John Williams theme whilst activating the beacons so I could locate the various villians (a varied bunch and not just Batman baddies) you can fight. After beating them you can purchase them to use in the game but I dont have enough studs for most of them and I doubt I will have enough for everyone by time I'm done with the game for a while.

The gold bricks allow you purchase various members of the Justice League such as Huntress or Black Canary. But you still need to purchase them with studs even after getting the correct amount of gold bricks. Thats really annoying to me because I'm not into replaying levels to collect studs but I have been collecting th gold bricks as getting most of them require some fun platforming segments.

The music is a joy with the vast majority of taken from the Tim Burton Batman films and the nice Superman music mixed in is great. There were some glitches that caused me game to crash three times but luckily it was usualy at the very end of a level during a cutscene so a quick reload put right back where I was.

Excellent game the best Lego game by a country mile. Full on Justice League Lego game next please.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished it.

What an absolute joy to play. The story and script were funny and it was great to finally have voices in a Lego game and they worked really well. The missions themselve whilst not a huge departure from past games do provide some fun light puzzle work with fun combat which becomes even better when mixing it up with different characters.

The open world Gotham is fantastic and really good to explore, I just spent the better half of 2 hours flying around as Superman to the John Williams theme whilst activating the beacons so I could locate the various villians (a varied bunch and not just Batman baddies) you can fight. After beating them you can purchase them to use in the game but I dont have enough studs for most of them and I doubt I will have enough for everyone by time I'm done with the game for a while.

The gold bricks allow you purchase various members of the Justice League such as Huntress or Black Canary. But you still need to purchase them with studs even after getting the correct amount of gold bricks. Thats really annoying to me because I'm not into replaying levels to collect studs but I have been collecting th gold bricks as getting most of them require some fun platforming segments.

The music is a joy with the vast majority of taken from the Tim Burton Batman films and the nice Superman music mixed in is great. There were some glitches that caused me game to crash three times but luckily it was usualy at the very end of a level during a cutscene so a quick reload put right back where I was.

Excellent game the best Lego game by a country mile. Full on Justice League Lego game next please.

Cheers for that write up....still got the first to play through with my girlfriend but I fully intend on picking this up afterwards.