NEurope
Coolness Bears

Digital Content: Streets ahead? or can it only handle 6 Seasons and a movie?

download-a-car-meme.jpg

Oh look, everybody, it's a tired Internet meme!

Besides, a Merc is what, 4 or 5 terabytes? A SmartCar is like 500 gig, but who would be seen in one of those? Gary Numan?

Oh look, everybody, it's a tired Internet meme!

Sorry man, I'll try and keep everything exactly up to date from now on. Afterall anything older than 5 days can no longer be relevant.

Sorry man, I'll try and keep everything exactly up to date from now on. Afterall anything older than 5 days can no longer be relevant.

Hey, you did it to me, little lady! Still love you, though.

Regarding ebooks, i don't have a Kindle (although i'm seriously tempted), what i like to do, is to buy the actual book, and then download the ebook copy (which i don't feel guilty about, since i already own the damn book). That way, i can read the physical book when i'm at home/at the park/on holiday, but i can also pick up from where i left off on my phone whenever i want, e.g. on the bus.

I wouldn't want to get rid of physical books completely, because i think they do have major benefits, but i also like the ability to carry around the book on my person at all times without having to widen my pockets.

Regarding ebooks, i don't have a Kindle (although i'm seriously tempted), what i like to do, is to buy the actual book, and then download the ebook copy (which i don't feel guilty about, since i already own the damn book). That way, i can read the physical book when i'm at home/at the park/on holiday, but i can also pick up from where i left off on my phone whenever i want, e.g. on the bus.

I wouldn't want to get rid of physical books completely, because i think they do have major benefits, but i also like the ability to carry around the book on my person at all times without having to widen my pockets.

I would be on board with Kindles and stuff if say you could buy a real book and get an eBook code included or something for a little extra.

I guess the same could be done with blu-rays and games, but people would be more likely to sell the physical copy of those and stick with the download they got with it. Maybe if some bright spark comes up with a solution to prevent that it would be good.

If I could I would download absolutely everything. I used to enjoy having a collection of stuff but now I just find it annoying' date=' messy and a waste of space. I'd much rather have a harddrive full of content or good streaming than a load of discs.[/quote']

This is me exactly.

I download/stream as much as possible. I pay a tenner a month for a Spotify subscription which I can use on my iPhone and iPad too.

As there's a lack of a decent TV subscription download/stream service in the UK I watch all my TV through the Internet too. If there was a good alternative which showed up to date programmes then I'd happily pay for it.

As for games, I so rarely buy them it doesn't affect me that much. I downloaded the latest Football Manager and that didn't take too long on my 10mb connection. Just leave the download on over night and you'll have it by the morning.