NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dannyboy's Vlogs

So yeah, I might be doing vlogs from now on. If I can be arsed and don't run out of ideas. But it shouldn't be a problem, there's hardly any interesting content in this one (except that one moment where I scratched my head, that was amazing), and it's 5 minutes long!

yeah vlog! Subscribed. Have you thought of anything since that you're going to vlog about?

I have a number of ideas, but I'm keeping it as informal as possible. Mostly I'll just talk about whatever topic's on my mind, and hopefully it'll be interesting. :)

Sounds good. One thing I'd recommend is set a time limit, maybe 3 mins. It means topics must be to the point, and the thought of working on an idea isn't nearly as daunting.

I am of course on board. You did however, mistakenly say that Kate and Corey were your inspiration to do a VLOG, and no mention of me. thx. xxx

Sounds good. One thing I'd recommend is set a time limit, maybe 3 mins. It means topics must be to the point, and the thought of working on an idea isn't nearly as daunting.

I will try to be coherent and not ramble as much. :heh: But I also won't place too many limits on myself, because I think that'll just make me more worried and perfectionistic about my "performance". My main focus is to just be natural and relaxed.

I am of course on board. You did however, mistakenly say that Kate and Corey were your inspiration to do a VLOG, and no mention of me. thx. xxx

You were certainly also in my thoughts! ;) As were Ville and Jonny and others I've seen, but Kate and Cory are who really inspired me to do something myself.

Especially since I likely won't use cuts and fancy stuff, so it'll just be me talking to the camera uninterrupted for a couple of minutes, which means I really have to put my perfectionism on the shelf and just roll with it. In that way I think it'll be a good exercise for me in just relaxing and being myself.

Your voice... it's too... posh... and well spoken... mind-can't-c-c-comprehend... brain---melting...

I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

Um ... uh, sorry? I can't really tell if that's a good thing ... :heh:

I'd say it's a neutral thing. It's certainly a compliment on your standard of English, but whether you want a regional/Danish accent is down to your personal preference.

Well, thank you. :) But no, I'd hate to have a Danish accent. Danish English sounds horrible to me, as well as to most Danes, but I guess others might just find an accent charming? I dunno. I don't think I could even stick to a Danish accent unless I actively tried to since the British accent seems to come most naturally to me, but even now I can still hear the Danish twang in my voice, I don't really care for it. But yeah, like everything else I'll just let my English be as natural as possible.

Yeah, this turned out a lot longer than I expected. But! That's all part of the learning process.

(If I keep this up it should probably be moved to its own thread. If a mod or admin would be so kind, it'd be much appreciated.)

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I like your accent. I've watched only the first one but have planned to watch the rest. I think it takes a lot of practise to learn how to do these well. While you want to just be natural and talk to the camera naturally for however long -- I suggest you edit. Edit it down to 4 mins or less unless you feel it *needs* more time. That's what I think.

Knowing 2 Danish people -- I find their accent is pretty charming / sexy. I've no idea why native Danes don't like it!

I like your accent. I've watched only the first one but have planned to watch the rest. I think it takes a lot of practise to learn how to do these well. While you want to just be natural and talk to the camera naturally for however long -- I suggest you edit. Edit it down to 4 mins or less unless you feel it *needs* more time. That's what I think.

Knowing 2 Danish people -- I find their accent is pretty charming / sexy. I've no idea why native Danes don't like it!

Thanks! :) Editing really would "shape up" the vlogs, but I fear the added effort would make me tire of vlogging far too quickly. It still remains a small side venue for me to express myself a bit without requiring too much effort. If it takes off and I become more invested in it, I might do more with the concept, but for now I think it'll stay as it is.

I have toyed with the idea of getting an actual camera to bring along for special N-Europe Meet vlogging, though. :)

Also, I'm curious to know if we're talking about the same Danish accent, because I have trouble fathoming the idea that it could be sexy! :p I have read the same in an article about Denmark as seen by tourists, but it didn't specify if it was the natural Danish accent or our English skills in general (most Danes speak Danish rather well).

And now for today's short and disjointed vlog:

During my research I did see a couple of people who didn't react too strongly - including a guy who seemingly kept eating spoonful after spoonful, but I suspect him of cheating since I can't see how that's possible! :p

The most recent ones are my favourite. I in fact plan to have some fun with the cinnamon one as soon as I am able to.