N-Europe

Project CARS

Retro_Link

A rather awesome trailer!

PS3 / 360 / PC / Wii U

From Slightly Mad Studios, the makers of Need for Speed Shift, comes Project CARS, developed with active community feedback from the studio's new WMD platform.

The new F1 games should include old cars/skins either as unlockables, or as DLC packs.

Kinda creepy...

Has all this emotional music and looking at all the cars on the track like it's all important and shit...

And then there's no one inside the cars or any hands.

It's like they're ghost cars.

But it actually looks pretty awesome.

Liking the look of this but I must admit that from a graphical point of view there are some strange omissions. Like when a car careers or skids over a bumpy corner or into a gravel trap, there are hardly any particle effects or catching on the bodywork.

I guess the theory is that most people who play interior view will play with a wheel, so they don't want to see their own arms and the drivers arms. Although you'd think they'd follow suit with the wheel.

Looks OK, but track based games get a bit boring. I prefer closed city circuits, like in PGR. I love PGR. Never underestimate my love for PGR.

This isn't your average E3 hype-trailer, where you'd expect it to show mostly finished game content. This a trailer made by a "community member" (= paying tester), not even a developer:

WMD team member HDTanel has put together a stunning video trailer of Slighly Mad Studio’s Project CARS, showing off some of the epic racing action the title already provides.

All cars and tracks seen in the video trailer below are included in the current development builds that are instantly available to all our WMD team members.

You can become a team member by paying a variable amount of money, which they'll use to fund the development of the game while giving you access to their latest builds. Stuff like particles and the driver in the cockpit perspective are probably not implemented yet or not in their final form.

Have a look at their homepage, there is more information:

carsbanner1.png

They're eventually targeting free 2 play, although I suspect that might be limited to the PC release.

Edited by Burny