NEurope
Dcubed

Hudson completely dissolved March 1st (the Hudson Memories thread)

They were already reduced to a lumbering corpse last year at the hands of Konami as their games were cancelled (all except Tetris 3DS), and their staff (all of whom did not take part in the great 2010 walkout to join Nintendo's ND Cube studio) were reduced to social network and mobile games, but now it's official. Konami will fully merge with Hudson and the company will be fully dissolved on March 1st :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459212

Rather than continue to weep, I propose a thread dedicated to their existance. A funeral if you will. Share your Hudson memories here! The countless hours spent playing Mario Party and Bomberman with your mates, or maybe the TG16 you grew up with- or even were introduced to by the Virtual Console (like me!)

They'll always be remembered for being the little company who could and the guys who never took themselves seriously (this is a company that had a functioning Hudson railway inside its offices! A company that sold potatoes as a fun side business!!!) These guys were heroes! : peace:

(A really funny video of their offices. This nicely demonstrates what kind of guys they were)

Takahashi-for-web.jpg

Godspeed Master Higgins :bowdown:

Who are Hudson?

In all seriousness I think people have given Hudson waaaay more credit than they deserve.

Still, I hope people who work there transition to Konami okay.

Edited by Wesley

Who are Hudson?

These guys:

Hudson-Logo1.jpg

They created this guy

bomberman.png

this guy

250px-Bonkadventure.jpg

And this guy

large.jpg

(The innocuous star of the Adventure Island series)

Super+Adventure+Island.png

As well as your favourite party series starring this guy

Marioparty1.jpg

Hudson lost it a long long time ago for me. The modern Bomberman games just don't live up to the likes of Super Bomberman 2/3 and Bomberman 64 in aesthetics, music or gameplay.

Ashame to see them go though. I'm not very confident Konami will do much good with their franchises.

Didn't really play many Hudson games, but it is a shame to see companies go. I reckon Konami will only use Bomberman, i don't see many other franchises being used to be fair.

They can be credited with a deluge of shit, with the notable exception of the bomberman games. How the fuck were they even relevant in the current gaming milieu?

Can't say I'm likely to shed a tear. Got some good memories of playing Bomberman Live, other than that I only know them as that company that made the Mario Party games (Which isn't a good thing. They were a good idea to start with, until they became part of the late-era N64 'joke').