N-Europe

Terra Nova (TV Show)

Mokong

I wonder though would Terra Nova be cheaper to produce, also would associated rights be cheaper and also actors fees? They have to start somewhere and jumping whole hog in and producing a true mega bucks show from the beginning is perhaps not a option.

I'm pretty sure Terra Nova is one of the (if not the) most expensive TV shows so far.

Terra Nova was apparently one of the highest budget TV shows ever. Although I don't know why. Maybe it was the location of the shoots or something, as the CGI was terrible in a lot of places.

SGU was "Syfy's" most expensive programme to date, but then again I don't imagine their budget is anywhere near that of networks like Fox. Their CGI however was always top notch. Loved the season one cliffhanger when the ship actually distorted as if a camera was actually on it. I can't find a clip or photo at the moment though. :(

We've still got 2 years until Destiny comes out of FTL and the story continues anyway, so we've got until then to save it! :) hehe

SGU was expensive? Apart from that one episode where they showed 6 or 7 amazing looking planets then spent three seconds on each (one had a frakking space dinosaur), there was a lack of good looking places.

Unless it was all design problems.

SGU was expensive? Apart from that one episode where they showed 6 or 7 amazing looking planets then spent three seconds on each (one had a frakking space dinosaur), there was a lack of good looking places.

Unless it was all design problems.

The set was huge and expensive. They also spent a lot on locations. Most shows filmed in Vancouver stay in Vancouver, as it does (or can) have quite a diverse look to it. With SGU they went to New Mexico a few times, and taking a huge gate than spins is quite pricey.

Those and many others things contributed to SGU being an expensive show. Oh and the very good CGI work too.