N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda 3DS

Dog-amoto

There are lots of aspects that I do like about Skyward Sword, such as the controls and art style. The "world map" and different areas within the world are not one of them. The game is absolute magic when you're discovering these areas, but this magic soon disappears when you learn the "format" of the game. IE, that the three areas (fire/volcano, forest, desert) are pretty much it.

I'm also not a fan of the way that the worlds were, or rather weren't, connected. Game felt quite disjointed at times. In some ways, it does work. In other ways, it breaks down that wall and just makes you even more aware that it is a videogame. The similarities to Mario Galaxy, as it has been mentioned, are spot on.

I'd love to see something new. I don't really see why we can't have a mixture of sea, sky and land. Of course, it would be incredibly demanding, but it would be brilliant.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see something new. I don't really see why we can't have a mixture of sea, sky and land. Of course, it would be incredibly demanding, but it would be brilliant.

I agree. It would actually be odd if Zelda didn't move towards a "continents" system eventually. Sea, large land masses and, later on in the game, flight. Only when they can do it seamlessly though. I wouldn't particularly want another "sky world" that is separated from the main overworld.

I'm a bit bored of the same game engine being reused. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword felt identical, as did Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I'd like to see Nintendo start from scratch when they craft their next world. Wind Waker felt fresh and had it's own style, everything from the visuals, to the music and combat. I loved the Celtic/Irish inspired soundtrack, and the charming vibe you got whilst playing, it gave the game a great energy and the whole thing felt polished as a result. Thrown in the seemless open-ended exploring, crisp, timeless, colourful graphics and animations and dozens more genius design and gameplay aspects and you have a spectacular game. Recent Zeldas seem to be following a worrying trend for Nintendo and its flagship 1st party titles, lazyness.