NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guy

N-Europe on iOS 5

Hi guys,

Wondering if this is an appropriate place to post this, but is anyone else having massive loading slowdown when viewing this forum on their iPhone or iPod Touch? I know there's a mobile theme, but it was never necessary before. Recently the page will freeze or take forever to display the visual information, despite having already loaded up.

I know lots of backend stuff has changed over the last few weeks. Could this be what's happening or is there some setting or plugin destroying my browsing experience?

Inevitable Apple hate incoming.

I asked this question in the questions thread. Don't think I got an answer.

And yes, am having the exact same issue

I ain't just asking for laughs. Each theme loads different files and there are a lot of themes. I need to narrow down what you're seeing so I can look for the issue.

The default theme and maybe a couple of others pulls frames and files from the old server. So if that server is playing up like it used to, it might be like part of the page is giving you the ol' 503 error. I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 5 and I have no issues with the "Full Width" theme.

On the other hand, I can't see why a new operating system would deal with this site any slower than anything else. They all get http headers and build pages in the same way.

Didn't understand most of what you said. Not exactly tech savvy. :blush:

As for the theme, I think it's the default one. There is an option at the top to change to the iPhone scheme, but I didn't select it.

Basically, the slowdown tends to happen when I'm typing a reply to a post in the quick reply box.

It's general browsing for me. The Mobile theme is pretty fine, but the regular one is immensely slow, sometimes sitting on a white screen for like, 5-10 seconds.

Totally unrelated, but Lion cereal is amazing.

I'm finding on the default theme on iOS5 on my iPhone that when I attempt to type in the quick reply box it goes really slowly and pretty much unusable.

Don't think it happens anywhere else on the web...

Sign in to follow this