NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pancake

Need digital camera help

Does anyone know of a simple to use, cheap digital camera that takes video as well as photos? I've had enough of my high quality one that is a nightmare to use. I can't even figure out how to record video on it. It's a few years old and i can't find the instruction booklet, which was like a novel anyway.

It's just not suited to casual pics/vids.

I'm seeing a few possible ones on amazon, but it doesn't say if they have a video feature. Or is video recording just a standard feature of a digital cam now and that's why they don't mention it?

I think most have it these days, although quality may be an issue(or maybe not as you said casual pics/vids). What's the one you've got now and what's your budget for a new one? I tend to like Canons, though I've no particular reason for that.

Yeah a bit of basic recording is very standard on your typical point & shoot.

Look for the resolution in the technical specs, eg this beaut mentions 720p video recording :)

Actually... what price range are you looking for because when I browsed amazon looking to pick out a few obscure examples, all of them stated video recording quite clearly :p

I used to have a Samsung going back a few years which I always thought was a fantastic little camera, the clarity and colour of the pics was fantastic, and it recorded decent video.

I'm not sure what the equivalent of that camera would be now in the Samsung range, but they seem to have quite a few around £70 on Amazon (or the same ones cheaper on Play).

I just went on to Play.com's digital camera section and the first one that came up, their 'Pick of the Week' just so happened to be a cheap little Samsung.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/22971543/-/Product.html

Here are some details about it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-ES80-Digital-Camera-2-36-inch/dp/product-description/B004OVEE9Y/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Dunno if that's what you're looking for, or if you want something with more to it in terms of video?

If you want quite a bit more from the camera then yeah, a Panasonic Lumix is a good choice.

Edited by Retro_Link

Thanks guys! :)

This will make me sound really cheap, but i was hoping to pay about £20 or something, lol. I only really want it to take photos of case studies at college (don't need to be high quality), and take some vids of me doing treatments so i can watch them back to firgure out if i'm doing them right. So no need for high quality at all really.

But seeing as the cams seem to be more expensive than £20, i've decided to stop being lazy and just try to work out my old one. It'd be stupid to pay for a new one when i can just do that.

*stops being lazy*

Could use your phone maybe?

*says the guy not even really sure how to get stuff off his phone*

*needs a new phone*

Lol, could have been a possibility, but my mobile doesn't take vids, and only takes really poor quality pics. It's about 5 years old. I never upgrade my mobile. :heh:

Sign in to follow this