Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Laggy Scrolling

Ashley

Was going to format my computer but Windows gave me the option to repair it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Solved some problems but now if I scroll on a webpage its really laggy and annoying. Its the same on IE and Opera (my browser of choice) so whats going on?

Any quick fixes. May end up formatting anyway but just wanted to see. Thanks.

Why wouldn't it be? They were fine before and now its all laggy. Plus when I startup the login screen appears and a "Please wait while windows starts" message is there for about a minute or two, then it takes ages after I login. All together I usually get through one song on the TV waiting.

Might just give up and format.

Well I've updated using Windows Update, and by going on Fujitsu's site (makers of PC) and updating through them but nothing. Still crappy. Dunno what the graphics card is, think its just inbuilt so nothing fancy. Any other ideas?

Other weird things too, such as before when I clicked on Display>Advanced there was much more options; ie allowing display between two monitors (or as I used it, monitor and TV)

Seems to be, managed to track down what my graphics card was and eventually fixed it. When I restarted after that it found the graphics card, and also apparently found the monitor. Wonder what it was before. Although now whenever I try and set it to single display a error message comes up and begins a physical dump of memory but I just wont change it to single display for now.

Thanks people.