N-Europe

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

canand

I am excited about this yeah!

Not so sure about using the stylus to scrape the screen off my 3ds but hey!

Hope its a decent collection of mini games that suits handheld gaming, rather than a load of mind numbing quick button presses.

Definitely keeping my eye on it! :)

It really isn't the sort of game I want to play on a handheld :hmm: I have New International Track and Field on DS very briefly and although it may have been decent enough, the genre doesn't really suit the platform..

International Track and Field on the PS1 is my athletics games of choice :heh:

• 1 month later...

Released February 10th in Europe :-

And finally, the record-breaking duo of Mario™ and Sonic™ join forces for the first time ever on the Nintendo 3DS with the eagerly anticipated launch of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™. The much loved pair head to stores on February 10, 2012, across Europe and February 14, 2012, in North America and are sure to continue their formidable partnership for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Bringing a whole new dimension to the Mario & Sonic universe Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Nintendo 3DS contains over 50 Olympic Games themed events for players to compete in for a coveted gold medal!
Edited by welsh_gamer

• 3 months later...

So I was out buying new shoes last weekend, and had some spending money left over, so I decided to buy this game as I was done with Revelations. Never played a 'Mario and Sonic at the...' title before, but I've enjoyed this.

The Good

Excellent graphics. Better than some Wii games.

Story mode. It's childish but it's a nice addition.

Online leaderboards. Just for 23 out of the 57 events mind.

Gyro contols work well, as does the stylus, mic and button controls naturally.

Plenty of badges to collect.

Party Events. Provides a Mario Party style session for players, minus the board of course.

The Bad

Several events only last seconds or/and only require one action.

Poor instructions given for some events.

Having to upload each score individually to the leaderboards. Time consuming.

No Mii support.

No Streetpass support.

It's nothing amazing sure, but Story mode and a handful of the minigames (the Rhythm and Shooting events mostly) have kept me coming back. Give it a go if you're curious or see it at around the ?15 mark someday. :smile:

I can't believe what an opportunity they missed with the StreetPass on this game. Millions of tourists will be in London later this year for the Olympics, and a lot of them will have 3DS's with them and this game. All they had to do was a simple high scores swap or something.

Massive failure Nintendo/Sega.