NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Not to mention the voice acting is in fact AMAZING. I actually like the story too. Not sure how it can be so hard just five hours in, I don't think it got challenging challenging till a certain point or two and even then a little grind got me by(failing and dying still levels you a bit, so essentially you can't get too stuck). I wouldn't say I ever found it particularly 'hard' unless I was doing stuff maybe a bit sooner than I should have been?

Was it just me? Or any agreement from others? Which bit are you upto dazzy?

Maybe hard is the wrong word, but just dying a couple of times is infuriating in this game. I'm at the big spider just before Colony 6.

I agree @Rummy I didn't find it difficult. The only difficult bit was beating the super bosses, I don't think I beat many if any and that's an optional extra.

Okay. So ice had xenoblade for years. Never played it. Decided to start it over Easter weekend, out about 5 hours into it, and I think I'm done... I don't really want to keep playing. Should I? It looks dog ugly, the voice acting is atrocious, story nonsensical trapclap and I'm not huge on the gameplay - run a bit, cut scene, run a bit cut scene, etc But what's really making me not want to play is just how hard it is. Dying all the time. It's not fun, and there's not much really making me want to play. And in the back of my mind I'm thinking - 100 hours of this?!

Now. Is it just teething problems. Or is this just the game? There's a bit I like - the weapons, custimisarion, side quests, but it's really doing my head in.

The game is actually beautiful in a lot of places. There's tons of stuff going on within it and...it's absolutely huge; both the world and the story. It'll look uglier on a massive TV and you have to consider that this is on Wii hardware which is about two generations old technology now.

Stick with it. It only really gets hard on the boss fights, about two or three of which are a bit annoying. For the majority of the time, I had an absolute blast playing it and the English voices make it a laugh. There are quite a few cut scenes in places to advance the story, which is pretty awesome and will get better. There's a lot at the start to set the scene. Persevere with it, you won't regret it.

Maybe hard is the wrong word, but just dying a couple of times is infuriating in this game. I'm at the big spider just before Colony 6.

You need to grind! The problem with nearly all RPGs is the grind. You have to kill enemies to level up, so the more enemies you kill the more powerful you are.

I'm used to playing games where your reflexes are the big equaliser. In Xenoblade and other RPGs it's all about the grind. You just need to spend some time getting more XP and you will find you die a lot less.

I don't think you need to grind as such - I found if I just explored the land (you get exp for this) and did some side quests it would generally be enough to best a monster I was previously having difficulty with.

EDIT: And it never took that much exploring or side questing, at least not until the latter parts of the games.

Where I did grind was looking for those **** items

The game is actually beautiful in a lot of places. There's tons of stuff going on within it and...it's absolutely huge; both the world and the story. It'll look uglier on a massive TV and you have to consider that this is on Wii hardware which is about two generations old technology now.

Stick with it. It only really gets hard on the boss fights, about two or three of which are a bit annoying. For the majority of the time, I had an absolute blast playing it and the English voices make it a laugh. There are quite a few cut scenes in places to advance the story, which is pretty awesome and will get better. There's a lot at the start to set the scene. Persevere with it, you won't regret it.

I'll keep going, a bit of me just thinks wait for X though :) I've never been huge on RPG's anyway, but the odd one Ii've loved!!

You need to grind! The problem with nearly all RPGs is the grind. You have to kill enemies to level up, so the more enemies you kill the more powerful you are.

I'm used to playing games where your reflexes are the big equaliser. In Xenoblade and other RPGs it's all about the grind. You just need to spend some time getting more XP and you will find you die a lot less.

But I think it's this kind of gameplay that bores me. Grinding. It's the one aspect of Hyrule which does my head in!! I just think 100 hours is a lot of my life and do I want to spend 30 hours of it grinding... I don't know... If everything around it blew me away probably, but it isn't.

I'll keep going and see what happens, there are moments I really get into it, then something just jolts it away. Things like story sections when you run for about 60 seconds to check point then it stops, cut scene, run a little bit further, cut scene. All feels really clunky and stop start.

There's a lot of great stuff though, I like the idea of the combat and loads of interface stuff which is great and streamlines that side of it. Hmmm, we'll see...

I'll keep going, a bit of me just thinks wait for X though :) I've never been huge on RPG's anyway, but the odd one Ii've loved!!

The world in X doesn't look half as interesting as the one created in the Wii game.

Noooooo!!!! You have to keep the English voices! They're the best. Cheesy, yes, but you'll grow to love them as the game progresses :)

Listen to this man! Rightness spouts from his mouth!

Doctor Who's assistant voices one of the female party members.

220px-Towel_Day_2013_Jenna_Coleman_cropped_retouched.jpg

Are you really going to say "No" to Jenna Coleman?

I am. She just doesn't cut the mustard as far as I'm concerned.

2qsrn75.gif

You, sir, are a bad, bad, man.

This is why we're getting American accents in X, you know? Because of you!

I'm ashamed to say that I got this and laughed.

It's hard finding an outlet for all my unused condiment jokes.

Should anyone be cosidering digitising this, GAME will match CEX at trade in (to credit) currently £30 - more than enough for an eShop card.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I am playing this for the past month and a half and now I think I have overpowered.....

I was lvl 70 when I had to go from Mech village to talk to Egil, so I thought lets level up a bit and before I know it I am lvl 86 soon 87 (some party members are 87) and now I understand that I have a bit more to lay before the final boss.....

I am probably just going to level up a bit more (for fun now as it is to late anyway) and then cruise through the last missions.....

But at least I can start playing Zelda WW before I continue Xenoblade Chroniclea X.

And finally, after 100+ hours the game is finished (the main story) and sadly it was to easy at the end as my lvl was 90.

I loved the game and am really happy that I have decided to go for it.

There were some funny things with the cut scenes (I would be clearly winning, but the cut scene shows my team and me struggling and things like that :) ).

Anyway, now let's go for Zelda and then Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Edited by Kounan