NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Goldeneye

I don't know if its been shown before. Lock if it has.

Some guys have been creating a mod to Counterstrike, which would be.....Goldeneye source.

Alpha will be out on christmas day...read more here http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

should be good to play afew online.

over and out

[edit] forgot about online gaming section - sorry

Yea ive been waiting for this for ages, this could be my best Xmas present if its good!

I've been following this for ages too, I'll be sure to get it once I bother to get HL2. For some reason I'm looking forward to this mod more than the Perfect Dark source mod, even though I much prefered Perfect Dark over Goldeneye on the N64.

Yeah, looks awesome, as does the P-Dark mod :grin: , will be playing this tomorrow morning hopefully, if I get HL2 for Christmas. :santa:

What does everyone think?

Considering its in Alpha i think its pretty damn good. Hard to find a low ping server obviously, but definately not bad. A few tweaks here and there...

Awww, just got HL2 today, only played deathmatch. Great fun, toilets to the head ftw. No time to play goldeneye though, gotta go to my aunts for the day. It'll be installed for when i get back though. See you guys on the (laggy?) servers.

This is really well made and fun, with a few issues. Firstly, theres only one server running, c'mon people start up servers already.

Secondly, no crosshair. I'm aware that GE didn't have a crosshair, but it did have autoaim to make up for that fact.

Thirdly, the game loses its fun when the levels are way too small for 16 people, so spawn killing is accidental. It was better with 4 people!

This is really well made and fun, with a few issues. Firstly, theres only one server running, c'mon people start up servers already.

Secondly, no crosshair. I'm aware that GE didn't have a crosshair, but it did have autoaim to make up for that fact.

Thirdly, the game loses its fun when the levels are way too small for 16 people, so spawn killing is accidental. It was better with 4 people!

Why don't you start your own server with max 4 players?

This mod is amazing!!! :o

Me and my 21 yr old brother thank you, The Twilighter for posting this topic :)...

We've been playing for several hours now... and thinking this is just a alpha!.. wow...

I decided to get HL2 over Steam today, had a quick run around Facility a bit ago, the remixed music is awesome so far. Can't wait for later releases and the Complex map.

Played it for a hour or so now, pretty fun, well made and professional. Spawn killing is an issue but its an alpha so hey, no complaints here. No problems this morning (boxing day) a good hundred servers (many empty) but more than enough. Look forward to further releases and the perfect dark mod.

Any other good mod's worth my bandwidth(not that its limited). Garry's mod is mucho fun so any other recommendations? Black Mesa looks good too.

I decided to get HL2 over Steam today, had a quick run around Facility a bit ago, the remixed music is awesome so far. Can't wait for later releases and the Complex map.

u suck balls man

i have the remixes of silo, facility, watch, cradle and caverns..al awesome, did u bother to ask....noooooooooooo ofcourse not

u suck balls man

i have the remixes of silo, facility, watch, cradle and caverns..al awesome, did u bother to ask....noooooooooooo ofcourse not

Would you mind upping them for us? Example using YouSendIt?

Edit:

I found out I have: Facility, Caverns, Watch, Elevator and Egyptian...

So think you could upload: Silo and Cradle?

Thanks!

Just To say they have updated it

Now Alpha 1.1

Improvements

* Fixed maplist and mapcycle having invalid map names.

* Fixed lack of spawnpoints on Caves, Facility, Facility_backzone and Egyptian.

* Fixed an issue with func_rebreakable_surf (destroy it, then it wouldn't take damage to anything but bullets )

* Fixed the throwing knife death icon (was not showing up)

* Fixed the reflection on the lab equipment so its not as strong.

* Fixed soundscape bug with ge_caves.

* Fixed floodlight_up not having collision.

* Fixed volume issues with caverns.mp3, egyptian.mp3, facility.mp3.

* Fixed startup menu music (wasn't being played).

* Fixed an issue we found with our debugging process, MDMP files ended up being useless to us last patch.

* Fixed weapons spawning in floor issue.

* Fixed reload exploit/bug that would allow someone to push "use" on a weapon spawn to keep picking up that weapon.

* Fixed glass distortion now only work in dx9, this was causing materials to go completely opaque for dx8.1 systems or less for some reason.

* Fixed minor spelling errors.

* Fixed minor map errors and all maps.

* Fixed Respawn of the armor

* Modified Facility_backzone bottling tanks now optimized.

* Modified KF7 now gets 30 rounds of ammo from ammopacks instead of 15

* Modified Armour takes full damage instead of a percentage of the damage.

* Modified Damages to the following weapons:

o KF7 from 18 to 12

o ZMG from 14 to 8

o AutoShotgun from 8 to 5

* Added ammo crates to replace the old and horrible looking HL2 ammo boxes.

* Added Community Project #2 submitted sprays(thanks to Xanatos and GobanzoMon).

* Added AutoShotgun death icon.

* Added several facility props.

* Added grittier normal map texture for the crates.

* Added the camera entities to the fgd (from halflife2.fgd).

* Added camera to the ge_facility washroom and a monitor in the security room.

* Added Intermission before a mapchange (mp_chattime sets the delay in seconds).

* Added command dev_spawnpoints for counting the number of spawn points.

(Yes i know it was a bump) :woops:

Just To say they have updated it

Now Alpha 1.1

Improvements

(Improvements removed from quote.)

(Yes i know it was a bump) :woops:

Yeah I noticed that... Omg this mod is soooo goood =D

Sign in to follow this