NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Coolness Bears

Whims

a sudden, passing, and often fanciful idea; impulsive or irrational thought.

Like on a normal day, I have many "whims" that is stuff I want to do. I had to start making a list because they come and hit me out of nowhere.

This often results in my days/weeks being bitty with me moving onto my next whim because that is now what my brain wants to do.

For instance this afternoon I've had:

Play NES games.

Read books.

Bake Muffins.

Start Watching Lost.

Start Watching Sailor Moon.

Write more of my book.

Build a huge model out of all my lego.

Make Insane toast.

Finish off some movies.

Play every Wii game in my collection for 5 minutes.

Make something out of paper.

Listen to Kylie Minogue.

Which are completely different to this mornings ideas! All of these enter my head and I end up doing nothing because I can never decide what to do. :heh:

Some are instantly achievable others not so much. Another thing is I will forget the next day. For instance I decided I wanted to make a quilt and spent the next few hours working out how to go about it and watching videos of people making them.

Whims, do you get them? :D do they go away? or do you pursue them? :)

I always have whims when it comes to travel, I always say I'll go somewhere and it never really comes up again, mostly because of cost, but it never used to stop me when I was younger.

Today I had a whim of fast food, because of being on night-shift for a couple of months, easy food is becoming a habit, but I had to suppress the urge. Instead I bought a kindle, less dangerous for my health.

Haven't really been very "whimful" as of late, but I have had the greatest whim ever...the creation of my site was a whim

Often, but they're fairly mundane. They're often something like "Ooh, I should read a few more chapters in that book," or "Hey, I should try to get further in that game." I'm terrible at actually getting around to doing them, though; I wouldn't call myself outright lazy, I'm just bad at pulling myself together to do stuff. Which is a problem at present, when most of my whims consist of chores like doing the dishes. :heh:

Big fan of learning random stuff. Bout 4/5 months ago bought myself a ukulele. Pretty impressed with the random little ditties that have resulted even if they're all unrelated and I have no idea how to string them out to full songs.

Best thing about whims is that they make you realise that there aren't as many barriers to doing stuff as you'd imagine.

I get lots of whims, but I'm far too lazy to see anything through.

So I guess they just all compete for my attention and then I tell them to go away because the effort of deciding on doing anything is far too much hassle.

Haven't really been very "whimful"

Whimsical ;)

I tend to make a lot of purchases I shouldn't on a whim.

Whimsical ;)

I tend to make a lot of purchases I shouldn't on a whim.

I prefer whimful...it's quirkier because it's not a word :P

Sign in to follow this