N-Europe

The Gamesmaster Club

flameboy

So my thread idea is kind of based on similar Games Club threads that litter the internet but instead its for a show. So every Saturday and Wednesday I will post an episode here and we can all watch and then discuss it! (I figured once a week would take too long)

Your views on the celebs, the games, the awkward magazine editors who are commentating and maybe we should even try some of the challenges ourselves!

Some of the jokes are so sexual its soooo funny! "our throbbing golden joystick" or "walk proud erect through the high street" just to name a couple.

The full list of episodes plus youtube links to all are here:

http://www.ovguide.com/tv/gamesmaster.htm

If mods want to remove this link for copyright stuff then please do that rather than kill the thread!

Here is Series Episode 1:

So please watch and discuss! Highlights include John Fashanu hilariously playing Manchester United Europe and some Super Mario Bros 3! Also god I miss FMV games!

Let's all enjoy and indulge this part of gaming history that I'm sure to many of us was just as important as some of the games we played! Also how absurd is that the whole show (1st series) is set in an old church lol!

Haha. That football game looked terrible. Sensible Soccer all the way!

Funnily enough, I remember the majority of this show, this and Knightmare were my weekly staples, and was amazed by Mad Dog McCree. That was, until I actually played it :indeed:

Funnily enough, I remember the majority of this show, this and Knightmare were my weekly staples, and was amazed by Mad Dog McCree. That was, until I actually played it :indeed:

Yes Gamesmaster and Knightmare were the only two shows I really truly had to watch every week cared about as a kid. Yeah tho alot of "side scrolling" football games were terrible back in the day. That's why FIFA went isometric I think!

I used to read Mean Machines when I was a kid and remember that guy ^^^ "commentating" on the SMB3 challenge. When it split into two publications, Mean Machines Sega and Nintendo Magazine System, I opted for the Sega one as I was a big Sega fanboy in those days. I remember that the letters page (think it was called Mean Yob) used to have fan art printed in it where it showed things like Sonic beating up Mario and Mario running faster than Sonic for some reason.

Good job we don't have that kind of fanboyism nowada...oh...

I used to read Mean Machines when I was a kid and remember that guy ^^^ "commentating" on the SMB3 challenge. When it split into two publications, Mean Machines Sega and Nintendo Magazine System, I opted for the Sega one as I was a big Sega fanboy in those days. I remember that the letters page (think it was called Mean Yob) used to have fan art printed in it where it showed things like Sonic beating up Mario and Mario running faster than Sonic for some reason.

Good job we don't have that kind of fanboyism nowada...oh...

Yeah I remembered him as well. Used to love Mean Machines was such an awesome magazine of its time!

Count me in on this one. I think Sky one also had a show about games that didn't suck (like gamesville did)

Found it:

Sorry to kind of thread steal but it brought back a memory.

yeah gamesworld was no where near as good as Gamesmaster tho lets be honest? How do people feel about the pacing of the club at two episodes a week?

Watched the first part and I can't help but think 'Lady Gaga before her time?' at 8.57... :p

On-Topic though, GamesMaster was a fantastic show and it's interesting to view a few choice clips from what now is a much-loved part of gaming history. :)

Watched the first part and I can't help but think 'Lady Gaga before her time?' at 8.57... :p

On-Topic though, GamesMaster was a fantastic show and it's interesting to view a few choice clips from what now is a much-loved part of gaming history. :)

HAHAHAHAH yes defintely.

• 2 weeks later...

I could stop thinking of this during the Power Glove and Top Gun review :laughing:

AVGN.jpg

I'm sure I remember a lot of Link to the Past questions on Consoletation, but maybe they were in the next series as they are mainly NES and Megadrive queries.

When do we get to see Simon Amstell as a contestant? He was still a cock back then!

Keep going with these flameboy, though it's a shame that not many more people are getting involved - maybe it was before their time?

I could stop thinking of this during the Power Glove and Top Gun review :laughing:

AVGN.jpg

I'm sure I remember a lot of Link to the Past questions on Consoletation, but maybe they were in the next series as they are mainly NES and Megadrive queries.

When do we get to see Simon Amstell as a contestant? He was still a cock back then!

Keep going with these flameboy, though it's a shame that not many more people are getting involved - maybe it was before their time?

Yeah it is a shame that no one else seems interested!

The Simon Amstell episode isn't until maybe Season 3 or 4? It was when Dexter Fletcher was host and during the summer gamer challenge championship episode! I remember when I found out he was in it I instantly remember the annoying kid and I knew who it was, he was such a dick lol.

It's so bizarre how much of the show I can remember. Like literally I can remember as soon as the Gamesmaster says the task or not who wins (not all the time but a lot of the time!)

Oh tonight its Wednesday which means Episode 4 (despite the bonuses the other day!)

Couple of sly inneudos in this episode and also Eric Bristow legend! It's so bizarre some of the celebs they got in there!

Knightmare used to be broadcast on Challenge. It is amazing, nothing on modern TV could ever top it.

"CALM YOURSELF, Pickle."

Oh, Gamesmaster was the dogs of TV. I recall watching this, Knightmare and Crystal Maze as a child. Guaranteed, didn't miss an episode. Too bad i can't recall many of the episodes, except Crystal Maze. Which is on re-run consistently on Challenge these days.

• 1 year later...

After Eurogamer's awesome recent retrospective I decided to bring this thread back from the dead! Let's get cracking with the rest of series 1:

Some cracking guests like Emyln Hughes (is he even still alive?!) Also some classic games like Robocod! Have some fun with these, chuck in a comment and then we will kick off with season 2 (which features the best start to a show ever)

Edited by flameboy