Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

QINC! (Hamishmash's new web comic)

Hamishmash

It was for a "Masquerave" party... as the name implies, a mixture between a Masquerade and a Rave. The girl running it requested Viscount Vanish attended and I made it happen.

Qinc and it's characters have been a big thing between me and my friends for years and years. We actually recorded all the dialogue for a first episode as an animated series, not realising how much work that is to not make it look crappy. (No offense Rez, Balls is... lovely.)

The reason it's taken so long is because while it might seem like I'm making this up as I go along, Qinc is an epic story with a beginning, middle and end. I wanted to make sure I knew where this was going before I started. This has been quite a lengthy introduction but I assure you next weeks issue will be when things really start happening the adventure, the villains and the secrets behind Vanish and Rubber Johnny really become apparent.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO SEE THE FINAL, EPIC BATTLE!!

Just that I'd be in love if Anonymous masks had everyone wearing egyptian masks rather than V masks. (Obviously that sidesteps the symbolism of it all but that's irrelevant :heh:)

As in: anonymous.jpg

Ah I see! Well there's always hope for the future.

I look forward to seeing a Ween cosplayer, though their face may get tired from the smiling.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO SEE THE FINAL, EPIC BATTLE!!

It sucks when you have a story you want to tell and it has all these amazing parts you know people are going to love...

... And then when you're telling the story you need to actually get to those amazing parts and it feels like everything else is taking forever. I wouldn't worry too much about the introduction being long. I think it's been fine so far. :smile:

Out of curiosity, how long will Qinc be? I'm guessing you don't know exactly, but do you have a ballpark estimate?

Well every Monday (you might have noticed I've swapped from Sunday to Monday) I'm uploading a few pages (I basically do as many pages as I can while making it feeling like it has a 'final panel' with a little bit of a cliffhanger.)

I have the whole story written out in a word document but I haven't divided it yet into issues but if I do it every week it shouldn't last longer than a year.... possibly 6 months.

That's the Qinc and the Ramblers of the World storyline. If this DOES prove popular (and I'm VERY bad at spreading the word or getting people interested) I may do a sequel but that's all I'm thinking of at the moment.

I was thinking more about the burial mask and the fact he still worships Ra the Egyptian God. (Oh my Ra!)

It's not racist if that's what they're really like. :smile:

My view of people from Egypt may be slightly influenced by video games and episodes of Saturday morning cartoons where the main characters traveled back in time to ancient Egypt.

I look forward to the next Qinc story, where Qinc and Ween will travel to Egypt to teach those savage Egyptians about the civilized ways of the British.

A smiling Darren Criss is all I need to feel like I've accomplished something grand. (He'd probably dig it to be honest, seeing as Qinc takes inspiration from Harry Potter and Tintin. And no, I don't know 101 facts about Darren Criss but it's hard to be on Tumblr AND avoid his fans).

Although if you do love it, would any of you try and promote it? I'm pretty shit at self promotion so I'd love you to tell friends about this hilarious new webcomic you're addicted to.

Or...

something...

Bit of a short one this week, but I can explain.

tumblr_lowgftPimO1qavd10.jpg

tumblr_lowgggJkY91qavd10.jpg

I've thought of readjusting the way I do this. So a few pages every Monday, each one making a Chapter. We have reached the end of Chapter One and Chapter Two will start next week or not... I may take one week off but whatever I do there will be a Qinc thing next week.

ANYWAY.

All of Chapter One can be found here -

http://www.hamishmash.com/qinc1

Viscount Vanish (from my web comic, Qinc: Rambler of the World) has made a video to try and get more people to read my new weekly web comic. Chapter 1 is up for your reading pleasure!

Please do it. I don’t want Vanish to kill anymore children.

(MUSIC BY JONNY VAUGHAN, my friend... and inspiration for Ween (and my vocals).)

Edited by Hamishmash

Is the name Hamish really that uncommon?

Because someone on the phone yesterday called me "Ha!-mish" when it's "Hey!-mish"

Yeah, that's how I thought it was pronounced as well. I've never met anyone with your name before. I actually thought Hamishmash was just a completely invented screen name until I saw your real name on your website, I think it was.

tumblr_lp97biI5gf1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

Poster for the start of the second chapter of my epic comedy web comic, Qinc: Rambler of the World. Come back to this blog next Monday for the opening of "Qinc and the Escape from England".

This poster parodies the overly dark and dramatic Harry Potter posters, in particular the ones for "The Half-Blood Prince".

View on DeviantART

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!