N-Europe

Flop console (PSP) now up to 70 million sold.

Choze

I don't think Sony need to convince Vita games are different from console games (everything pre DS were pretty much console games).

Yes but when the GBA was released the Ps2 was going strong. The GBA had snes quality games which meant.. it was STILL a different experience than that found on consoles at the time. The GBA was getting old-school 2d style games. I think it's a big point. A cheap handheld with simple graphics and different style games from the big consoles was perfect for the time..

I think Vita having ports of console games is a mistake. It needs plenty of exclusives I would think.

Yes but when the GBA was released the Ps2 was going strong. The GBA had snes quality games which meant.. it was STILL a different experience than that found on consoles at the time. The GBA was getting old-school 2d style games. I think it's a big point. A cheap handheld with simple graphics and different style games from the big consoles was perfect for the time..

I think Vita having ports of console games is a mistake. It needs plenty of exclusives I would think.

I think at first it will mostly consist of ports, but that can be said about any gaming system. Judging by the way Sony are handling things, I think Vita will be a very viable gaming system and a must-buy product within the next couple of years.

Whether it sells more units than 3DS, that's another story. Quality games are what people are looking for.

I wouldn't say all these games are out and out ports though more different iterations/versions on the vita. To me this is no different to the strategy a lot of 3rd parties are taking with the 3DS, again though it comes down to those 1st party Nintendo titles. For Vita's sake they need to get their 1st party developers being the ones who are putting out those different innovative titles and I think some of the most interesting titles from E3 do seem to be those titles the like of Little Deviants and Sound Shapes.