NEurope
Serebii

Super Pokémon Rumble

Man, no kidding.

I picked this up recently and have been absolutely hooked on it ever since! :o

I'm up to the final chapter now, with around 15 hours playtime on the clock.

Love going around with my Lucky+ ability Pokémon and a coin doubling move like Thief. The results are spectacular! :D

Is it true that there's a ++ version of the lucky ability too? Can't wait to find a Pokémon with that one if so. :cool:

Yeah, there's a ++ version of it :)

The one on WiiWare was much better IMO. This one got too big for its own good and it just didn't hook me as much as the WiiWare one did.

I disagree. That one had 6 levels which just repeated. This had a narrative and more range in levels

I disagree. That one had 6 levels which just repeated. This had a narrative and more range in levels

A narrative that may as well not have been there as it was so wafer thin. Just because a game is bigger/offer more levels doesn't make it better and for me this was the case with this game.

Did you complete the 3DS game though?

Nah, I got bored of it halfway through. The beauty of the WiiWare game was it had just enough levels and content to keep me interested. With the gameplay being of a repetitive nature I felt the WiiWare version was just the right size.

Funnily enough I was very close to picking this up on 2 different occasions, both from Shopto on sale, but I failed. Most recently was last week. But I will eventually get it, I've been feeling very Pokémonish as of late...

Seen some low prices of £10 for this in the sales sites have. It's definitely worth that

Beat this today. :yay:

Having a blast with the post game now. Have already increased the World Rank to 5, and managed to get my first legendary! :bouncy:

This thing:

http://www.serebii.net/spindex-bw/640.shtml

It has become my Pokémon of choice for now too, as it's ridiculously powerful. :D

Yeah, there's a ++ version of it :)
Not easy to find though, is it? :shakehead

I keep on getting Lucky or Lucky+, the game is taunting me. :heh:

Must.. keep.. searching. :grin:

I just don't get why this game is so compelling. :blank: The story is diabolical, the gameplay is about as repetitive as you can get, the presentation isn't up to much at all (3d effect is cool though ;)), yet I just can't get enough of it! :laughing:

So yeah, I'd certainly recommend this game, it's definitely not going to be for everyone though.

Actually, I think it's one of those games that you just need to take a chance with and try it out for yourself.

I just don't get why this game is so compelling. :blank: The story is diabolical, the gameplay is about as repetitive as you can get, the presentation isn't up to much at all (3d effect is cool though ;)), yet I just can't get enough of it! :laughing:

That's what happened when I played the Wiiware version. The game is very basic yet it pushes all the right buttons. I spent around 20 hours on it just filling my Pokedex.

That's what happened when I played the Wiiware version. The game is very basic yet it pushes all the right buttons. I spent around 20 hours on it just filling my Pokedex.

I started this yesterday having bought it a few weeks ago, thought it was about time.

And I can see i'm going to want to fill the Pokedex too. I've only done the 2nd championship, but found myself back tracking already to get one of each Pokemon available in the area.

I assume you can keep them all, I've released alot of the lower level ones I've got a few of to keep space for Pokemon needed.

I too wanted to fill the pokedex and repeated areas to get them all. But in the end it got too repitive and boring and I never finished the Pokedex. I've read it takes like 40-50 hours to do it and that's a lot when all you do is repeat the same dungeons over and over. I don't think it's worth it.

Anyway, if you want to do it, don't repeat the dungeons just now. Some Pokemon appear in other dungeons as well, saving you lots of time if you randomly get them then. So wait until after you have finished the game.

Up to World Rank 7 now, but still no sign of a Lucky++ Pokémon. By the time I find one I won't need it anymore! :indeed:

Did find something quite cool on my last session though, an Epic Tepig! :yay:

@Serebii, the in-game description said that only 1 exists, but does that mean only 1 overall, or only 1 per Pokémon type?

This Tepig is bloody awesome though. Can't be sure how many or exactly which abilities it has, but it definitely has Steady, Greedy, Healthy and Lucky. :cool:

I spent around 20 hours on it just filling my Pokedex.
That's what I'm trying to do now on this version, it probably takes a bit longer to catch 'em all in Super Pokémon Rumble though. :heh:

Not sure if I'll make it or not, but if so it would be the first time I complete a Pokédex. :o

Have played pretty much every main game in the series, but never managed to fill the Pokédex. Mainly down to those ones that are impossible to get outside of events/trading. :hmm:

I too wanted to fill the pokedex and repeated areas to get them all. But in the end it got too repitive and boring and I never finished the Pokedex. I've read it takes like 40-50 hours to do it
I've clocked 25 hours now and currently have 618 Pokémon, so only around 100 left to find. Can't imagine it will take another 25 hours to get those, but then again it includes most of the legendary Pokémon, which only show up very rarely. :blank:

Up to World Rank 7 now, but still no sign of a Lucky++ Pokémon. By the time I find one I won't need it anymore! :indeed:

Did find something quite cool on my last session though, an Epic Tepig! :yay:

@Serebii, the in-game description said that only 1 exists, but does that mean only 1 overall, or only 1 per Pokémon type?

This Tepig is bloody awesome though. Can't be sure how many or exactly which abilities it has, but it definitely has Steady, Greedy, Healthy and Lucky. :cool:

That's what I'm trying to do now on this version, it probably takes a bit longer to catch 'em all in Super Pokémon Rumble though. :heh:

Not sure if I'll make it or not, but if so it would be the first time I complete a Pokédex. :o

Have played pretty much every main game in the series, but never managed to fill the Pokédex. Mainly down to those ones that are impossible to get outside of events/trading. :hmm:

I've clocked 25 hours now and currently have 618 Pokémon, so only around 100 left to find. Can't imagine it will take another 25 hours to get those, but then again it includes most of the legendary Pokémon, which only show up very rarely. :blank:

Only one at any one time. They're quite rare...if you release your Epic Tepig, you will probably find another Pokémon with Epic

Every so often I get this out, but just get bored after going through a few levels because it's so repetitive. This is definitely the sort of game I'd rather have as digital, as it would be so much easier to load it up for a quick blast.

Only one at any one time. They're quite rare...if you release your Epic Tepig, you will probably find another Pokémon with Epic
I see.

Think I'll stick with Tepig though, for now at least. :D

I came across the most amazing Rumpus Room on this yesterday, it was the type that has 4 large Pokémon and an infinite amount of respawning regular sized ones.

The reason it was so good was because the 4 Big Pokémon were Silcoon, and they did nothing but Harden. :laughing: The smaller ones were all Wurmple, which are so easy to defeat.

I made around 5 million coins, before I got bored and decided to kill the Silcoon and end the game. I would have left it running in Sleep Mode, but the gold coins run out after a while.

Was funny when I finished that stage, I had collected so many Wurmple! :grin:

Check it out:

The release point is going to be busy soon. :P

Red Shell your enthusiasm is making me want to play this again! :heh:

Think I got up to world rank 5, not sure if I ever got an Epic Pokémon though.

America and Japan have both got 24 passwords, we still only have 18 for Europe (according to Serebii's site). Are there 6 left for Europe?

Think I got up to world rank 5, not sure if I ever got an Epic Pokémon though.

America and Japan have both got 24 passwords, we still only have 18 for Europe (according to Serebii's site). Are there 6 left for Europe?

Oh, I probably forgot to post them on that page. Here's the missing 6

Thundurus: 11890516

Garchomp: 10279741

Eelektross: 64916130

Zoroark: 61501893

Gliscor: 71824825

Gallade: 42910125

Not sure if I should be glad, or apologising to you. :D

Oh, I probably forgot to post them on that page. Here's the missing 6

Thundurus: 11890516

Garchomp: 10279741

Eelektross: 64916130

Zoroark: 61501893

Gliscor: 71824825

Gallade: 42910125

Just out of curiosity, why is there an Alternate Colour list on there, if none of the Pokémon have an Alternate Colour? :blank:

Not sure if I should be glad, or apologising to you. :D

Just out of curiosity, why is there an Alternate Colour list on there, if none of the Pokémon have an Alternate Colour? :blank:

Table was copied from the original Rumble which had it

Table was copied from the original Rumble which had it
Ah! :)

Speaking of alternate colour though, kind of strange how there aren't any shiny Pokémon in this game. :blank:

Anyway, I've just been playing this on the XL. It definitely highlights jaggies a bit more, but at the same time I'm noticing little details that I didn't spot while playing on the standard 3DS, which is cool.

One thing that's starting to get slightly annoying on this game now, is when you only need to find a single Pokémon in a certain area. I've got a few on my game that have been stuck like that for ages, and it almost seems that no amount of replaying the stage will produce the missing type, or it does appear but then I just kill it without being able to "catch" it. :indeed:

@Serebii, I take it you "caught 'em all", if so, how many hours did you clock on this?

Happy Birthday by the way! : peace:

I gave up collecting all the Arceus...have about 60 hours logged and thanks :)

I decided to have a read through the Wiiware version topic and came across this.

I have to admit, I have gone back to the demo a couple of times... there's definitely something about this game, but it's not easy to pinpoint what it is. :hmm:

Must be subliminal messaging. :laughing:

Looks like this one created the same feeling, given your earlier statements. :D

@Serebii Have a great day, mate!

Looks like this one created the same feeling, given your earlier statements. :D
It sure did. :hehe:

I'm sticking with that subliminal messaging theory. :heh:

Had this game since it came out (I think), and have collected a lot of stuff, but haven't played it non-stop, just occasionally. The complete randomness of even seeing the pokemon you're looking for can mean going through levels hundreds of times. From main levels there's probably only about 10 pokemon I need to find, but the monotony hurts. I have the last EX challenge and last EX challenge to do. Plus the 50-million upgrade. I got street passes ages ago though since I could street pass with another system everyday and then put that cartridge in the other console and pick the same street pass up! Plus 2 visits from the 10 coins from each system! I was almost ready to just delete my file and sell the game when I heard aboutt the effort required to get all the Arceus forms. It just seems immensely time-consuming.

I got street passes ages ago though since I could street pass with another system everyday and then put that cartridge in the other console and pick the same street pass up! Plus 2 visits from the 10 coins from each system!
I've started doing this now with my XL. :grin:

It's great when I get my Epic Tepig as a helper Pokémon... 2x Epic Tepig = coins galore! Collect way more Pokémon than usual too. :cool: