NEurope
jayseven

CD Mixtape Mashup... Again

So once again, I'm in dire need of new music, and figured I'd roll this out one more time.

Firstly, this is not a forum to discuss the rights and wrongs of sharing music. So shup already.

Sign up if you wish to participate in a random re-allocation of self-made compilation music! I will draw names out of hats and redirect addresses to those involved, BUT only once a good majority of sign-up-ees have confirmed that they have CDs ready and waiting shipment.

CDs should, really, contain music you love and adore and wish others felt the same way for.

Nobody should feel offended if the CDs are not appreciated.

There are no other rules or regulations, aside from the fact that the CD should be a good mix of music (to each's own ability).

So yes! Who wants to 'play'?

Mashers

jayseven

Oh fuck!

ME!

ME!!!

Mine will blow the minds of all who hear it. Whether positively or negatively is yet to be determined. Fuck. I need to start working on it now.

I only got 1 CD back last time. :sad:

No matter, i'll quite happily join this once again!!!.

I only got 1 CD back last time.

Same here*.

Didn't hear any feedback on my tapes either.

Not sure if I'll be joining in this year. I think people's tastes are too different to my own. I mean I'm all up for hearing new music, but I just don't think my tastes "play well with others".

*Although it was Eevils and it was ace.

Just make it as varied as possible. Like...I once did one of these (on a different site) and got an entire CD of quite bad metal music, which is a genre I generally don't enjoy, let alone the bad stuff within the genre. But I'd appreciate bits of it interspersed with other sounds, just to take as much as I can in.

Nah way, I got send some right crap.

Nah I'm kidding it'd be awesome.

Although I always feel under pressure to dig out purposefully obscure stuff.

I'll try and just be cool and pick fun things.

EDIT: I just remembered last year I sent two for my main music moods.

I also sent them to Bluey who was in Japan.

That was cool.

What ever happened to Bluey?

EDIT: First person to just do a mix of the new Kaiser Chiefs' new album wins.

Edited by Wesley

Mashers

jayseven

Paj

Jimbob

gmac

wesley (taking that as a 'yes)

... Not too bothered about there being TOO many people, but yeah try and have a mix of music. The CD should really represent your interests as a whole, or run on a 'theme'. If it's a small roster then it'll be no massive hassle for all to send to everyone else. Otherwise we can just send 1/2/3 depending on what people reckon.

I love this idea. It's been great. I still have mine around somewhere, the first one was from Twozzok. I can't remember who the other one was from (sorry!) but I remember enjoying them all.

The best ones are the ones that are handmade. Covers and disc designs and the like.