NEurope
ReZourceman

Lars Von Trier Banned from Cannes

All things considered, he really did want what he considered the best for the "German" people (at least the people he considered to be German). And he was pretty damn effective at realising his plans. Frighteningly effective.

As always the media takes things out of context, blows t all out of proportion and makes someone's life hell to sell papers

It was a terrible cringe worthy Joke, but it was certainly a joke

I've got be careful and make a very clear point here. I'll start by stating this: I'm not an anti-Semite.

However, I agree with what the man said about the state of Israel: they have turned their land of milk and honey into an arrogant bully-boy.

However, the Arabs have been equally nasty-minded and undiplomatic in their approach.

The state of Israel is a FACT. The Arabs need to accept that.

On the other hand, the Israelis need to accept that theirs is not the right to bulldoze the lives of others to make up for several centuries of undeserved persecution.

Here in Denmark, von Trier's remarks are a sensation. It takes up so much time on the news. However, yesterday someone actually explained what the man meant! He was joking, yes (the famous Danish irony) but he actually meant that he liked the grand architecture and ideas of Nazi Germany, hence mentioning Albert Speer.

The Susanne Bier-jokes were a bit awkward but the point was that he actually thought he was a jew for very many years and then he found out that he wasn't, which he didn't like because being jew was a big part of his identity.

Well. The jokes were terrible and oddly placed. What was he asked since he went down that trail? Oh, Kirsten Dunst was fantastisc fun!