NEurope
drahkon

Terraria

It can be quite fun(only worry is people destroying/stealing shit) - me and marc would often work doing different things, so when I was adventuring and stuff he'd be doing other bits and bobs - come back to main base and see awesome tunnels and stuff made! I did start to farm a lot of bits after a while, though. We opted mostly for text chat over voice too, which is kinda nice for some reason - only problem is when you're typing something an daNDFKSFJSDFNSJNFJNFNAKLNFA

Sorry, skeleton got me there.

Terraria Multiplayer on Consoles

I'll definitely get this for the PS3. Split-screen coop sounds awesome!

Edit: Also keep an eye on Starbound

Starbound looks....mighty similar! I'm not sure how I'd feel about Terraria on consoles, hows the multiplayer ability on it work, too? Certainly something I'd pick up if it was cheap on PC(consider I paid £2.50 for this, and have 100+ hours out of it).

(my other concern might be controls, too)

For folks like @Ville who played through the game all solo etc, did you do it on a sole runthrough on one world? Or across different worlds? I've just decided to start all over from scratch by myself(mainly because I got myself excited about Terraria again with Starbound lol), bar hacking a Molten Pickaxe in to start(so that mining doesn't take forever), and I'm noticing that I'd forgotten how gimped you start off - no cloud in bottle/balloon, fall protection, speed etc. I'd wonder if you can really find enough to make yourself good in just one world!

For folks like @Ville who played through the game all solo etc, did you do it on a sole runthrough on one world? Or across different worlds? I've just decided to start all over from scratch by myself(mainly because I got myself excited about Terraria again with Starbound lol), bar hacking a Molten Pickaxe in to start(so that mining doesn't take forever), and I'm noticing that I'd forgotten how gimped you start off - no cloud in bottle/balloon, fall protection, speed etc. I'd wonder if you can really find enough to make yourself good in just one world!

Only one world, and a small one! I had absolutely no problem getting any item / weapon / armour, got every upgrade just as planned. The wiki guide was a great help here...

Only one world, and a small one! I had absolutely no problem getting any item / weapon / armour, got every upgrade just as planned. The wiki guide was a great help here...

Hmm, maybe there's enough to go around then. Gotten an aglet thingy and cloud in bottle so far, still feel rather gimped! I never did a whole run from scratch without help(and I'll admit this isn't because of the pick) but it's interesting trying to get by; much better now that I actually know what I'm doing/making etc.

Dragging a thread out of the ashes.

But me and @Happenstance are currently playing Terraria, its been agesssss. Anyone about who wants something to do this Sunday afternoon?

Yeah me and @nightwolf ended up playing a couple of hours on this yesterday, it was nice getting back into it so if anyone else wants to join us next time then let me know. We're using a program called Evolve to sort out the multiplayer so you would have to get that but it makes it easier.

@drahkon let me know when you are free next as well, its a shame you had to leave early yesterday.

That was really fun, I don't know if you guys plan on doing anymore? I'm not free this weekend unfortunately, but when I get back from Malta...I'm totally game!

You guys on PC I take it? I'll totes be up for it at some point. What's the issue with multiplayer/this Evolve dealie? Will try to look into it a bit more later but haven't got much time right now as at work. Only ask because I wouldn't be averse to trying to host a world possibly.

Evolve is a program you download and register for to party up with the people you want to play with. We started off using it to try and get Cube World multiplayer working but it seemed to make life easier for Terraria as well.

Im still happy for now to keep hosting unless we get lag problems as I've got the world me, drahkon and nightwolf started but if we do get any issues then im sure it would be easy enough to send that world save to someone else.

Oh ok that sounds cool enough. How much sort of stuff did you guys get done?

Can you fix us a link to Evolve btw?

Edited by Rummy

Yeah sure, here you go.

https://www.evolvehq.com/

We havent got too much done really. Bit of mining and searching for gold chests but no brilliant loot from them (2 magic mirrors but no mana to use them yet). A lot of the time ended up being me and @nightwolf building a hellivator and trying not to drown while doing it.

Heh, so I take it it was all fresh characters and stuff too then? I really wanna get back into this with people, but it ain't as easy gaming like it was when we was kids! I swear I feel like all the free time I have is taken up with something or other!

Anyone up for some Terraria this weekend then? I should be free both days or even this evening if anyone is around.

I'm probs not free Sunday and tomorrow's up in the air; might be keen to jump on this evening after I've done a bit of ACing. My only problem is that my room essentially breaks 30C in the summer so unless I can get a comfortable setup somewhere else or tomorrow I might just end up falling asleep lol(tomorrow will be worse). So this evening, quite possibly. I'll make/bring a noob character, but would you mind if I brought a better pick? Like a Nightmare or Molten one? I almost can't stand re-mining with crap pickaxes. Hell, I think my main's original Nightmare Pickaxe was actually forged by yourself or Dyson well back in the day!

Yeah fine go on then.

Just send me a message on Steam then if you do want to play tonight, same goes for anyone else. Dont forget to download and register with Evolve as well.

Well damn, wish you had asked me in January. Blasted through the game then, and not so sure I can be arsed to start again from scratch. I pretty much did everything except destroy some of the very final bosses.

Melting too much for dedication to some online, I might be up for tomorrow though; looks like I can't get out as planned so free daytimish.

*wave*

I'm back from my holidays, so if anyone is about this weekend, annoy me on Steam :).

*le bump*

Apparently aforementioned sizeable PC update is in about two and a half weeks! Think it adds a lot of the console version content and then some other stuff too maybe. Might have to make the most of it whilst I wait for my Starbound fix!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/12/terraria-1-2-release-date-announced-major-update-due-out-beginning-of-october/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Jesse and TB on YT have been playing through the new build. So excited, it looks awesome!

I keep thinking about watching that but my hate for TotalBiscuit has only grown since their last Terraria videos so I cant bring myself to.

I keep thinking about watching that but my hate for TotalBiscuit has only grown since their last Terraria videos so I cant bring myself to.

I think he works wonderfully with Jesse and is perhaps my only series that I like TB in.

I find the hate for him somewhat surprising, he's quite blunt - yes, but he's no more annoying than PewDePie (sp?) who spends his life screaming into his microphone.

*shrug*

Either way the series looks good and I'll be excited to play ^_^.