NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Björk

I'm going to annoy the shit out of all of you with my newly discovered love for Björk.

tumblr_ljctuzoqZC1qdlkgg.gif

Edited by drahkon

I'm going to annoy the shit out of all of you with my newly discovered love for Björk.

I was once standing where you are now, having loved Björk for a while now I welcome you with open arms and urge you to simply enjoy... for her music is indeed indescribably immersive. :)

tumblr_ljctuzoqZC1qdlkgg.gif

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

There's "THE" live version of Big Time Sensuality I've shared with Chair and pt.3 of our group (not on this forum) and I listened to it (I'm back in a Bjork mood recently) today. It never fails to make me smile...not sure it's on Youtube though. It's so powerful, backed by just a little organ/pipe thing, and her being TOO loud. It's soo good.

This version comes a close second. It's one of *those* performances you never forget. :love:

I was once standing where you are now, having loved Björk for a while now I welcome you with open arms and urge you to simply enjoy... for her music is indeed indescribably immersive. :)

I'm enjoying. Listened to Debut for the third time now without taking a break.

Can't believe I've lived for 21 years without ever paying attention to Björk.

There's "THE" live version of Big Time Sensuality I've shared with Chair and pt.3 of our group (not on this forum) and I listened to it (I'm back in a Bjork mood recently) today. It never fails to make me smile...not sure it's on Youtube though.

Any chance it might be somewhere on the Internet? I need to experience this.

Edit:

This isn't "THE" live version, is it?

Björk's voice is something I've never heard before. It is...erotic and sexual, and yet very childish at the same time. Powerful, soothing, enchanting.

And also - I've mentioned this before - she is beautiful. :smile:

Edited by drahkon

ALMOST. My one is from Toronto, 7/8/95. Seems to be same tour, so same performance style I guess.

The Toronto one has a bit where she shouts "IT TAKES COURAGE!" *silence/crowd cheers* "To enjoy it.." and then literally BELTS the next chorus. Too good for me.

Edited by Paj!

Thank you, jayseven (I assume it was you :p).

Innocence from Volta is too good.

Fear is a powerful drug,

overcome it and

you think that you can do

anything.

Edited by drahkon

Despite not really being a Bjork fan I commend you for finding love for her. Because it seems it's led to the creation of this topic which means no more spamming of her videos in every fucking topic.

dr4kon. I salute you.

Here I thought I was going to see something interesting and related to Björk but what do I find... :indeed:

This and the video of Big Time Sensuality I posted seem to be from MTV Unplugged.

I've always liked what I've heard of Bjork but never got round to getting any albums. I think that needs to change

(I can take no praise :P Was the shortster, i believe! Props for thy brother!)

Lest we al forget Bjork's roots -

The Sugarcubes don't hold a candle to her solo work, but are often v. entertaining. Seems their first is their only solid full album but the singles from the other 2 are good too.

"Hit" was covered by Diana Vickers on her album. :s

I've been looking into The Sugarcanes as well but getting hold of one of their records is incredibly expensive.

Today the three records by Björk I ordered should arrive. I can't freakin' wait.

I've been looking into The Sugarcanes as well but getting hold of one of their records is incredibly expensive.

I love... don't change that typo... ever! :heh:

Björk amazes me. Medúlla, Vespertine and Debut arrived today.

Started listening to Medúlla just now and I'm at the third track (Where is the line). Ambitious, brave, incredible. I love.

No one before, no one since.

bjorkish_0625_01.jpg

The majextrix of earth.

Who Is It from Medulla is one of my all-time fave tracks from her. Quite different to the rest of the album - seems quite straight - uplifting and inspirational. :)

Why didn't you get homogenic? Her best! Close call between that, Vespertine and Medulla, but Homogenic is the winner, as far as I'm concerned.

Why didn't you get homogenic?

Because I usually don't buy two copies of the same CD :p

Aurora is beautiful.

A Post

In which Paj! furiously wanks over Homogenic (1997) by Björk Guðmundsdóttir

Homogenic is one of the best albums by anyone ever. A 90's album that sounds completely timeless. Could have been made in any time period. Everytheng, everytheng in it's right place.

bjorkhomogenic.jpg

The cover = Suck ma pusseh a-holes, if u dare.

Opening salvo is Hunter. Fucked.

I've yet to hear a track that rivals this. The beats. Fucked.

Then straight into Joga? I'm breathless. One of her definitive songs, and one of her most epic. Emotional landscapes.

then the album ends with this pair-

(In proper quality, loud - *death*. )

And then of course the album ends with the most briliant song with the best music video ever. Though the album version is different, in order to make aural sense after Pluto.

Sometimes I watch that video and just stare out to space afterwards.

Trust your head around. It's all around you. All is full of love. You just ain't receiving.

The most powerful song I've ever heard? Most powerful video I've ever seen?

We don't deserve this album. Why have we been given this gift? I'm so scared.

millais7.jpg

John-Everett-Millais--Ophelia-qpps_826794198174210_LG.jpg

1179032_58d4b259.jpg

Homogenic is one of the best albums by anyone ever.

It very much is.

Pluto blew me away. I wasn't ready for it and it hit me with a force so intense I cannot describe.

Bachelorette is a song I will probably never forget. It is incredibly powerful and emotional.

If you forget my name, you will go astray

Like a killer whale trapped in a bay.

And right after Bachelorette there's All Neon Like. :bowdown:

Not 'til you halo all over me

I'll come over

Not 'til it shimmers 'round your skull

I'll be yours

I weave for you

The marvellous web

Glow in the dark threads

All neon like

The cocoon surrounds you