NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pookiablo

Body Harvest

Yes, please! Had great potential:

+ so many vehicles to find and use

+ flying = awesome

+ interesting locations: motorcycling around Java mountain roads for teh win!

+ blasting aliens with tanks, artillery, whatever you could find!

-clunky controls...

-too much fog

Made it to level 3, the US...Now a sequel would be awesome, especially since "DMA" has improved their sandbox games "just a bit" since then... ;)

And while we're at it, Space Station Silicon Valley. What a wacky, beartacularly hyenatastic rat turd of a game! :o Just checked, it had 41 different animals to use! DMA was surely about diversity back then...

Some highlights:

-roaming the sewers shitting and farting the other rats to death xD

-cruising around with my propeller-powered walrus while blowing up little wabbits with missiles

-in the jungle...and in the middle of shit again! well, at least I have a biker hyena, a vomiting hippo and a turtle with a cannon...

-foxes with guns, camels with cannons and a crap-load of zapping scorpions!

-animal friggin' parade!

Edited by Ville

Great game, appalling graphics even for the time. Would like to see a sequel although personally can't see it happening. I think Rockstar now are pushing a much different direction for their games. You only have to look at LA Noire for this. Even if its free roaming and hijacking cars gameplay did very much become a precursor to the the GTA template.

What I want to know is when are we are going to see a Unirally sequel?!

Grand Theft Auto was out before Body Harvest... just sayin'...

I can barely remember Body Harvest - a friend of mine had it and I only played a bit, was there an element of time travel? I seem to remember being stuck on a few puzzles, the fog was pretty awful, but it was a good game.

I can barely remember Body Harvest - a friend of mine had it and I only played a bit, was there an element of time travel? I seem to remember being stuck on a few puzzles, the fog was pretty awful, but it was a good game.

True, but the 3D open world aspect of Body Harvest is considered the precursor to GTA III, not GTA the series (as in how it plays). The first two GTAs and BH have very little in common otherwise.

Body Harvest was a decent N64 game. I rented it a few times and got some enjoyment from it in those short rental bursts each time. Aside from the fog I'm not sure what other criticisms I have of it - for some reason I was pretty lenient, putting any game design issues or control issues down to me not understanding the game properly. Ah to be young an naive. :indeed: I remember reading about it in NMS and thinking it looked well cool.

Body Harvest was much more fun and imaginative than GTA, imo. The 2D top down GTAs I had some fun with on the PC but the 3D ones... nah. Sandbox gaming isn't really my thing. Well no, I like open ended gameplay... just not the "gritty realism" so much. :heh:

And while we're at it, Space Station Silicon Valley. What a wacky, beartacularly hyenatastic rat turd of a game! :o Just checked, it had 41 different animals to use! DMA was surely about diversity back then...

Some highlights:

-roaming the sewers shitting and farting the other rats to death xD

-cruising around with my propeller-powered walrus while blowing up little wabbits with missiles

-in the jungle...and in the middle of shit again! well, at least I have a biker hyena, a vomiting hippo and a turtle with a cannon...

-foxes with guns, camels with cannons and a crap-load of zapping scorpions!

-animal friggin' parade!

Speaking of which!

It was so bad grapically for the time and for the system i had no intention finding out how it played for more than 10mins to be honest,a remake may be a good idea so that the game can be started off again from scratch.

Edited by Yars Revenge

I found it hard to get into. There were some nice ideas, but I don't think the whole game was executed in the right way. Maybe it was before its time.

yeah I did mean 3D should have said that really. I think it has just as many similarities to GTA3 as the original 2D GTA's do tbh.

Sign in to follow this