N-Europe

Devil May Cry (and audiences too?)

Retro_Link

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1152720p1.html

Sony Plans Devil May Cry Movie

Devil May Cry is headed to the big screen.

Variety reports that Sony's Screen Gems, the distribution outlet behind the Resident Evil film franchise, has purchased the movie rights to the Capcom game series in the hopes of starting the next big game-to-film franchise a la RE.

Screen Gems has hired Kyle Ward, who also penned the Kane & Lynch movie at Lionsgate, to write the screenplay. The video game's story follows Dante as he hacks and slashes his way through demons in his quest to avenge his mother's murder.

I assume it'll follow the look of the previous games as they are far more stylised than the reboot. Although the films will then clash with the games, but the new look is crap anyway!

Sony's Screen Gems are doing Priest which has Karl Urban and Paul Bettany in it. If they can make something as equally B-rate and enjoyable as that looks I'll be happy. They make great shitty watchable films.

I've seen all of them. I think they're all as budget and crap as each other but they're also as enjoyable as each other. Perfect popcorn cinema.

I also like how they have their own universe and have very little regard for the game's canon.

Edit: The opening (the first minute, I think) to Afterlife is stunning. Genuinely I think it's brilliant.

Edited by Daft

Resident Evil and Apocalypse were good. Extinction and Afterlife were shit (although Afterlife is better than the entire runtime of Extinction because of the first five minutes). I'm not expecting much from this at all!