NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Best and worst online communities?

There are some very good communities out there. One of my favourites is deviantart. I don't go on it that often and I'm not very good at art but people there are always encouraging and nice.

For some reason when it comes to music... People often spam and troll. Blogs like "oh no they didn't" have some of the worst trolling and spam I've ever seen.

For gaming,Most American gaming forums are god awful. American forums users seem to be complete idiots or complete elitist bastards. Even small ones like screwattack can be a problem.

and we all know youtube are scum.

What are your favourite communites ( besides N-europe) and which ones do you utterly hate? Doesn't matter what the interest is :)

Xbox Republic.

Oh god, the lols I get from the sheer waste of life I see hanging around those parts.

I used to go on a forum called UKStep (which is basically a DDR-based community I used to talk on in my DDR days) and they were such snobs and bastards. The only reason why I went on was because the Birmingham group were alright and we had a laugh and a few others were okay too. The rest were all rude and it's quite pathetic why they were since the reason was because they could perfect (or get an A on) a song I couldn't. I always managed to miss one or two steps and I think it started from there (

). They weren't nice to newcomers as well and I said to them that their community would fall one day and guess what...it did. No-one has even been posted on the site since 2009.

Everybody knows DDR:UK is best for the DDR community anyway. They're a nice bunch. I'd love to play DDR on the X360 but nobody's ever playing it online anymore, which is sad.

The forums at TvTropes are mostly cool, from what I've seen.

I second mcj's stance on most gaming forums.

And then there's 4chan... brrr...

Comic Book Resources forum (specifically the X-Men Forum) is hilarious. For some reason. Attracts every type of person I love/tells so many jokes.

Comic Book Resources forum (specifically the X-Men Forum) is hilarious. For some reason. Attracts every type of person I love/tells so many jokes.

That place is amazing. It's full of mentals and sexual deviants of the highest order. It's just hilarious- nobody actually turns up to talk about comics they just want to talk about how gay Nightcrawler and Wolverine are.

The Avengers forum is equally funny, but different. It's just so full of pure hate.

Sonic fanbase forums and Kingdom Hearts fanbase forums. Oh and forums that are dedicated to Super Smash Bros tourney freaks types of forums. They are a laugh.

That place is amazing. It's full of mentals and sexual deviants of the highest order. It's just hilarious- nobody actually turns up to talk about comics they just want to talk about how gay Nightcrawler and Wolverine are.

The Avengers forum is equally funny, but different. It's just so full of pure hate.

It's just like...of course all my fellow X-Men fans would be like that. :laughing: I love it. I love the in-jokes/forum tropes too. Fucking hilarious once you cotton onto them...about Rogue being illiterate, the whole Sisterhood storyline revolving around a lock of Jean Grey's pubic hair, Kitty Pryde being a racist... <3

Edited by Paj!

Did you read the Top 50 X-Men of 2010 poll (it was delayed for months until recently completed)? The write-ups are hilarious, and refer to a lot of the in-jokes.

The goonsquad over at somethingawful are good fun sometimes. But they're American, so are therefore plagued with all the tragic idiocy of their kind.

To be honest, this place is the only one I kinda stick around, because not everyone is a complete dipshit.

Some of the worst are the IGN and Ultimate-Guitar forums. There is some genuine idiot cultural hegemony going on over there.

This is pretty much the only forum I actually post on, being the only place I've encountered so far with a collection of intelligent, talented and opinionated people (and mafia games). Others I just use to occasionally and shamelessly steal music/ISOs from :D Music forums seem to be overrun with teenage girls and their fantasies with the band members.

Blogs like "oh no they didn't" have some of the worst trolling and spam I've ever seen.

I dunno, ONTD has its charm...and the trolling, gif spams and crazy comments are part of it :)

Sign in to follow this