N-Europe

Data Dvd

nightwolf

So, sorry for the stupid questions..but it's due for an assignment tomorrow.

Basically I've been told this:

This work should be handed in on either a DATA DVD or DATA CD, as all three submission formats are independent digital files. PLAYABLE DVD’s are NOT acceptable. One Disc containing the three different files listed above.

The thing is I don't really know sod all about DVDs or CDs, I have a DVD here ready to put stuff on, but I don't know if you make it a data dvd or you buy data dvds?

Can anyone clue me up as to what to do? :weep:

I don't envy your position nightwolf, the amount of assignments that had to be handed in on a CD got annoying. My lecturers always use to add things like "make sure the file runs either straight off the disc or when copied to the desktop". Basically them being lazy, but it meant loads of covering your own arse and testing on multiple machines.

Saying that my games programming teacher was a legend and used an upload area on the uni network. Saved money and time.

I don't envy your position nightwolf, the amount of assignments that had to be handed in on a CD got annoying. My lecturers always use to add things like "make sure the file runs either straight off the disc or when copied to the desktop". Basically them being lazy, but it meant loads of covering your own arse and testing on multiple machines.

Saying that my games programming teacher was a legend and used an upload area on the uni network. Saved money and time.

My last assignment I handed in on our online system, something I don't trust, but we had to.

I found out yesterday that it had failed to get through even though it was time-stamped. Basically my universities stupid system, one that we all know is broken nearly cost me a whole module.

I used to complain about handing items in on disc, but at least I know for sure it won't fail. I would prefer to waste discs than to lose marks due to an error on my universities part.

As it is, this is because of my uni, otherwise I'd prefer to hand in online, given everything I do is on a 3d program or written. :)