NEurope
Pit-Jr

Electronic Cigarettes

I got a brand called The Safe Cig. Not the edgiest name but whatever... i did my research and its apparently the best one here in the States and also the cheapest refills.

I got the 'deluxe kit' which comes with 3 cigarettes, 2 USB chargers (yes, my laptop has a cigarette plugged into it) and 10 nicotine cartridges and a rather svelte case. Each cartridge is supposedly the equivalent of 2 packs.

Verdict: Love this thing! The menthol medium cartridges i ordered taste fine and it delivers on the nicotine as promised.

On the slight negative side, its a little heavier and longer than a real cigarette and it requires long, slow drags to activate so you cant really just puff on it like a regular cigarette. I will miss the puffing!

The good definitely outweighs the bad and as of right now i think i can totally replace tobacco with it

I will never understand smokers. But I'm happy for you.

I got a brand called The Safe Cig. Not the edgiest name but whatever... i did my research and its apparently the best one here in the States and also the cheapest refills.

I got the 'deluxe kit' which comes with 3 cigarettes, 2 USB chargers (yes, my laptop has a cigarette plugged into it) and 10 nicotine cartridges and a rather svelte case. Each cartridge is supposedly the equivalent of 2 packs.

Verdict: Love this thing! The menthol medium cartridges i ordered taste fine and it delivers on the nicotine as promised.

On the slight negative side, its a little heavier and longer than a real cigarette and it requires long, slow drags to activate so you cant really just puff on it like a regular cigarette. I will miss the puffing!

The good definitely outweighs the bad and as of right now i think i can totally replace tobacco with it

I just had a go on mine, and oh my fucking god, how are people not using these things?

I just got the standard Tornado battery, 510 atomiser and 3 refill cartridges.

Included was a charger, 16mg 'Tobacco' (like reviews have said, tastes nothing like tobacco, but is sort of nutty and fucking awesome tasting), and 5 assorted 5ml bottles of other flavours (I chose Apple, Cherry, Lemon, Strawberry and Marlboro).

Only tried the Apple aside from the normal tobacco via the direct drip method and oh my god the taste is awesome. Good throat hit as well to emulate an actual cigarette.

I'm damn happy with it.

I just got the standard Tornado battery, 510 atomiser and 3 refill cartridges.

So you got the 3-piece kind right? I may try one of those later to see if theres any difference in drag.

Mines the 2-piece kind where the atomizer is built into the cartidge. For simplicity's sake, i love it but they're not designed to be refilled.

Either way i think the tech will keep getting better and its already good enough to get me off tobacco, so mission accomplished! Glad your enjoying your purchase as well.

So you got the 3-piece kind right? I may try one of those later to see if theres any difference in drag.

Mines the 2-piece kind where the atomizer is built into the cartidge. For simplicity's sake, i love it but they're not designed to be refilled.

Either way i think the tech will keep getting better and its already good enough to get me off tobacco, so mission accomplished! Glad your enjoying your purchase as well.

Yeah mine is a 3 piece stater kit. The battery and atomiser's allow for alot of compatibility, so there are cartridge + atomiser pieces you can use (usually shorted to cartomisers)

They're bringing out a new atomiser this month for my model called a tank. It has a tank that's refillable with a small hole that is pierced by the new sharper atomiser to prevent spillages and a better 'vape' effect and throat hit.

I hope you're enjoying your kit as well mate, I'm very surprised how well these work.

I'm both scared and enthralled by this :P Debug mode I've seen you in smokin' action, you gotta keep me posted as to how well this works for you in all situations. My girlfriend wants me to quit, my family wants me to quit and a lot of my friends want me to, too... Threads like this I wonder why it is I smoke besides "waste some time!"

I hope you're enjoying your kit as well mate, I'm very surprised how well these work.

Im actually enjoying it even more now that ive finally learned the correct way to drag (read: like a bowl instead of a cigarette)

I'm both scared and enthralled by this :P Debug mode I've seen you in smokin' action, you gotta keep me posted as to how well this works for you in all situations. My girlfriend wants me to quit, my family wants me to quit and a lot of my friends want me to, too... Threads like this I wonder why it is I smoke besides "waste some time!"

J7 give it a test run! Theres really no barrier for you since you're already a smoker.

They're a delight at home but my real test came last night at work. I mentally prepared myself to be made fun of for switching to these but my smoker friends at work were all just amazed by the thing

Well I've been smoking for nearly 3 years now. Started off with Cowboy Killers, then moved onto the lights and usually smoked them. Then of course, rollies as I'm a poor student.

It's really hard to explain, but In a way don't liken these to cigarettes due to the lack of a bitter taste that I'm used to (even the Marlboro flavour only hit it very slightly, but it may have been the lingering apple flavour on the atomiser).

It handles more like a portable hookah pipe I find. Tastes very similar, especially with the abundance of sweet flavours. I'm not a menthol smoker so I think Pit-Jr will be able to compare that.

But it's seriously doing the job. I've got 3 lucky strikes (my 'treat' cigarette of choice) to my right, always in eyes view to test my cravings. I don't even want them, I'm too busy enjoying the flavours I have bar Lemon, it tastes like washing up liquid.

Shame there's no meet up I can attend on the horizon, would have definitely let you put it through it's paces. Always generous when it comes to smoking. I can't recall how many times I let The Bard pinch some baccy. I think in the end he just assumed it'd be cool and rolled at will at the last meet ha

Sorry to give this a bump, but figured after nearly 2 and a half months I best give a progress report seeing as it would be good to let the smokers here know there is an alternative.

I would be lying if I said I haven't tried a cigarette since I bought this device. I've had one cigarette and a drag and that was in the week after I received it (it was a Mild Seven cigarette from Japan, there was no way I could refuse!). But the drag I had from a cigarette about a week after that showed me I was making progress, I didn't like it. It tasted awful and I no longer had a desire to smoke another.

All in all, I think I've spent £110. Although just fractionally cheaper than if I were to stay on cigarettes, that price includes the £30 starter kit, the £15 I forked out for an extra battery (my god get 2 batteries if you buy this thing, you never want to run out of battery when you're out..), an extra atomiser so I could keep certain flavours from bleeding together and nearly 100ml's of e-liquid, which is STILL GOING. The only set I have run out of are the 6 from Liberty Flights that cost me £16. I smoked nothing else than those flavours and it lasted me a month.

If any of you are interested in trying it, definitely give the 'Totally Wicked Tornado' a try. Right now these are the flavours I have on my desk that I can smoke at any time:

Green Cow (has caffeine in it)

Cinnamint (Cinnamon + Mint)

Sour Cherry

Apple Pie

Blackcurrant

LF Cherry

LF Apple

LF Tropical Fruits

LF Forest Fruits

LF Maple Waffles

LF Tobacco Ultima (A bit too smoky in flavour for my liking)

I'm also interested in how Pit-Jr's experience is coming along considering he is using a different set from me that involves a 'cartomiser'.

I still haven't tried a 3-piece yet. The cartomizers are just too convenient although the price is a little steeper than what you've been paying.

They aren't perfect though, i've already had to complain about a few carts that tasted like soap instead of menthol. They did send me free replacements but still annoying to screw in a brand new cart and inhale a big cloud of soap.

I also confess to having smoked about 2 packs of real cigarettes total since beginning. Still a dramatic improvement though. 2 packs in 3 months as opposed to 2 packs in 2 days.

Sounds like you've made a full transition though, congrats!

My friend at work has just got one of these, or a variant. He hasn't smoked in 24hrs, which seems to be a big deal for him. I guess they must be pretty good.

its just a shame that you can't help food addiction like you can smoking :(

I could stop smoking without a thought, but food is different, its like giving a heroin addict 3 small hits per day and expecting them to be okay! Damn addictive nature!!! Why can't I apply you to something safe! Even exercising is trashing my body.. bah :(

/derail

It's great that you guys are getting on so well!! I saw a lot of jobs advertised to sell the e-cigs recently, it seems to be a big thing.

Are you sure there is no small piece of food that expands in your stomach or something? That could help. If there is none, then patent pending...

I've slipped. Quit for two years then had a cigarette about two weeks ago, i think i've only had about four since then.

I've been looking into these electronic cigarettes for a while. How convienient are they? Like setting them up etc

There seems to be a lot of choice out there too, what brand would you recommend?

If you quit for 2 years, id try to stay off them completely and avoid these.

They're great for replacing cigarettes, but not so much for kicking the habit altogether.