NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pro_Bono

The new Sofia Coppola trailer!

i downloaded the video but i havnt a clue what it is. could someone clear this up for me?

Why is Kirstin Dunst starring in a a highly inaccurate re-telling of the life of a French pre-revolutionary aristocratic monarch?

Why is Kirstin Dunst starring in a a highly inaccurate re-telling of the life of a French pre-revolutionary aristocratic monarch?

Because she slept with the director. :woops:

Marie Antionette?

SC? What the crap does SC stand for?

Stands for new Sofia Coppola film I'm guessing.

I think that's the more important thing about this film than having Kirsten Dunst in it, as she's now an acclaimed director.

So yeah, a really bad thread title there.

Edit - And Pro_Bono, I don't know how you can say that this is the best trailer you've ever seen?

Keep asking questions like that and Spider-Man will kick your arse.

ooh, thankyou so much! i can't wait to see this film, it'll be massive. thanks pro_bono, reputation point for you :)

Because she slept with the director. :woops:

Given that the directors a women , lets hope so and that theres a video of it

It's gonna be hard to top Lost in Translation.

Any bets on Air doing some music for this movie?

let's hope so, their virgin suicides soundtrack was sublime. good to see kirsten dunst and sofia coppola working together again, and luckily for us, from the looks of the direction coppola is chossing to take this film there should be a little bit of lux's character in marie antoinette. oh my gosh, i've just noticed formt he trailer that the guy from i heart huckabees is in this too! i love him!

btw, i've never really tracked a director from the beggining of their career before, so i was just wondering, is it normal for directors to sustain relationships by using the same actors and composers in several different films? i know that in the 50's it was common for directors to re-use the same actors but is that so common now?

let's hope so, their virgin suicides soundtrack was sublime. good to see kirsten dunst and sofia coppola working together again, and luckily for us, from the looks of the direction coppola is chossing to take this film there should be a little bit of lux's character in marie antoinette. oh my gosh, i've just noticed formt he trailer that the guy from i heart huckabees is in this too! i love him!

btw, i've never really tracked a director from the beggining of their career before, so i was just wondering, is it normal for directors to sustain relationships by using the same actors and composers in several different films? i know that in the 50's it was common for directors to re-use the same actors but is that so common now?

Peter jackson used the guy who did the animations for smegual (lotr) in king kong (as kong).

Yeah it is very common, mostly with directors and composers, actors & editors.

For example -

Tim Burton (director) + Danny Elfman (composer) + Johnny Depp (actor) are a common group.

or,

Steven Spielberg + John Williams + Tom Hanks + Michael Kahn (editor).

I loved Lost in Translation, this film seems to have the same indie style approach to that era.

Sign in to follow this