N-Europe

The Playground! Its the place to be!

ReZourceman

When the teams win, I get nothing, no point in watching.

That doesn't even make sense. When the teams win in mafia you get nothing. When you're playing a videogame and your character "wins" you get nothing.

At least in Xpert Eleven you get the pride of knowing you defeated a fellow forumer!

Especially Charlie, he's easier than Roxanne when the red light is on.

That doesn't even make sense. When the teams win in mafia you get nothing. When you're playing a videogame and your character "wins" you get nothing.

At least in Xpert Eleven you get the pride of knowing you defeated a fellow forumer!

Especially Charlie, he's easier than Roxanne when the red light is on.

I think he was referring to watching football on TV. In mafia games, videogames etc., you're part of the victory. When watching sports on TV, you're just a spectator.

Thanks Danny, I thought he was referring to playing fantasy football/ Xpert11.

But I think the thousands/millions of football fans will probably argue against your rather simplistic point though Diageo.

You're welcome. :) It's not a question of argument or point of view, though. It's a matter of personal preference. I don't really enjoy watching sports, either, for the same reasons: It doesn't affect me. The few times I've let myself get caught up in the excitement, I've always felt a bit let down afterwards when I returned to "the real world" where my own life was the same no matter the outcome.

But this is not to say there's anything wrong with sports. I'll be the first to highlight all the positive aspects of sports and fan culture. Besides, there are countless other things that don't affect me directly, either, but which I do enjoy watching. So it's all just a matter of personal preference.

X11 isn't fantasy football. You are fielding a team of NINJAS, you choose their battle formation as well as their tactics - throw shurikens from miles back? if they have a harcore samaurai then tehre's no point as he'll swipe them out of the sky before they get near the King. Flank the opposition? But you don't know if they're laying in wait! Promise your warriors a large pile of gold shoould they succeed?

When not at war, you must choose carefully where to spend your riches. Do you spend them on your aged legend in the hope that he will be strong enough for the next battle, or do you give the Fresh Blood more time on the assault course, knowing that he will still be weak for the next fight but NEXT YEAR he will be a BEAST!

Srsly. just because it's football doesn't make it less fun. You have a squad of players of different age and skill, and so does your opponent. Before each match you can set formation and tactics, and you hope that you come out on top. You have to balance the next match with the fact that there are 16 in the whole season.

... They should totally do a ninja x11!

____

New BISH signups open.

A scavenger hunt of epic proportions. Check it out, and ask any questions :)